“A Breakfast To Remember!”
Review of The Moose Cafe

The Moose Cafe
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Dwight
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Dwight, Lake of Bays, Muskoka. Ontario. We offer a full breakfast, fresh baked goods, and lunch. Our soups, burgers, chili, salads, baked goods are all made fresh. Our atmosphere is casual and friendly. Our patio is relaxing and sunny. We are worth the drive to Dwight! We are conveniently located in Dwight on Hwy 60, minutes from Algonquin Park or Huntsville. We also have a gift shop to browse through. Our gift shop has something for everyone including moose lovers. We have a beautiful motel (Dwight Village Motel) directly beside us. Relax at the nearby Dwight Beach on beautiful Lake of Bays, hike a trail in Algonquin Park, take a scenic drive, or explore the local snowmobile trails. Pick a season to enjoy Dwight, Muskoka!
Reviewed October 13, 2012

On my way to Dorset, I decided to visit this restaurant for breakfast. At first I thought it might be closed, no one in the parking lot, but it was! So glad it was, the multi-grained toast was excellent, the eggs were done to my satisfaction perfectly, and the back bacon was very good, but could have been done a little more for me. The coffee was an excellent choice, they had five to choose from, I had the French Roast. All coffee's are a Reunion Island Coffee Brand, and very popular too! While eating my super breakfast, there was a non-stop flow of customers in for this coffee to go! As Arnold would say "I'll Be Back!".

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stopped here for lunch in July 1012 and really enjoyed it. The food was excellent. It is home cooked, fresh and very tasty. The service was very good as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who happens to be in the area.

2  Thank Jim C
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Food is good but the service is so-so. We came for the $8.95 special. They give you a giant plastic box with a sandwich, a cookie and a pop. So it's definitely not easy to go to the park with that! Weird idea of giving this plastic box!

The service was not really taking care of us, they were just trying to do their jobs because obviously they are not enough staff there. So they have to do different things. I asked for a plastic bag and they did not even gave it to me. Had to ask twice. It's not like I care much about those things but when you are in a small coffee in a small town, you are usually expecting a very nice service.

The sandwiches were really good though. With a Maille Mustard. It's not something you find a lot in Canada.

1  Thank Badiha
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We drove past this restaurant many times on our way into and from Algonquin Provincial Park, and finally decided to stop for lunch one day. What a treat! They have a great outdoor patio. The service was really good, very friendly staff. The food was delciious, many healthy options and looks like it was all made in mom's kitchen, not typical restaurant food. Very yummy homemade potato salad! Very reasonably priced as well, not cheap, but not expensive. We'll definitely stop again as we are frequent visitors to the Park.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

On the road to Algonquin, hunger pangs made us swing into the parking lot of the Moose Café. A serendipitous experience! The dining room is clean and bright, the walls decorated with works of art that you can enjoy during the short wait for your meal. There are lots of interesting twists to what sounds like the usual sandwich and burger options. The Moose burger was a delicious combination of flavours; the smoked duck sausage (how original!) was packed full of flavour and how refreshing that the fish filet sandwich was not made with deep fired fish. As a matter of fact, there isn't a deep fried item in the place... not one french fry! This is clearly a deliberate choice on the part of the owners and/or chefs and we liked that. There were several of us and we all enjoyed our meals, absolutely no complaints! Natural sodas, juices and fair trade coffee to wash everything down. Great looking desserts, but we'll try those the next time around. Definitely recommended!