“Riverside Motel”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dwight
Port Colborne, Canada
“Riverside Motel”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I used this motel twice on canoeing trips in August and September. It is an older motel, but has been nicely refurbished. The grounds are attractive and rooms are set back from the highway. A BBQ is available for guest use. Pricewise, I thought that this motel offered the best value of any of the several motels I have previously stayed at in this area. Free wifi was receiveable in my room. Checkin was quick and friendly, and can be done in English or German. I would choose this motel again over others in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rollym

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Arrived at motel to be met by a woman and man who whilst not exactly rude did little to make us feel welcome or at ease. When we went to room we were greeted by a very musty smell and the room was not quite as described. The location was beautiful and so much more could be mad of this place. We booked in elsewhere. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: See trip title
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed in Dwight before heading to Algonquin Provincial Park and I'm glad we chose this place! The property is very well maintained, comfortable rooms with all you could need, including board games, kitchenette, fridge & dishes. The owners are wonderful and very accommodating. Be sure to check out the property behind the hotel...Monika referred to it as "Paradise" when we checked in, and she wasn't kidding! Beautiful riverside area for swimming and picnicking. Lots of amenities you wouldn't expect from a motel, such as guest bbq, badminton/volleyball net, and a communal fire pit. I read some reviews on here that said their in-room fridges didn't work, but I think these travelers just neglected to turn on the power bar in the kitchen! Excellent price, but be sure to book your reservations early! Just a stone's throw from Erika's, a fantastic café in Dwight with excellent coffee, sandwiches and pastries.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank TheColemanFamily
Toronto, ON
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A group of 6 of us just came back from Riverside in Dwight and it was fantastic. We stayed 3 days, 4 nights and we were treated like gold. Leonard and Monica (I believe those are their names) are the most hospitable people you can ask for. This isn't your typical motel....take a walk down a small hill towards the back and it is paradise. Small waterfalls, and a very private swimming area can be found, just follow the wood chips. Fresh towels were brought to our rooms daily, as well as paper plates, utensils and napkins for meals. Other great features were 2 bbq's available anytime, badminton/vollyball nets, fire pit, etc. All close to a small grocery store, cafe and beach!

Overall I would rate this place a 5+, especially considering the price. Will return next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank 574Elioz
Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

For those who aren't into tenting it, the Riverside Motel is a great alternative not far outside the west gate of Algonquin Park. The room was very clean and the motel grounds very well maintained. It was seen in the small details that the owners really care about their guests' enjoyment--little touches like cards and board games in the rooms and lots of equipment for outdoor games. Would definitely stay again.
Just a note to other travellers, we had chosen to bring our own food but when we arrived we found the fridge was very small (about 1/2 the size of a bar fridge) and ours did not work. For coolers, ice is available at the grocer about 1 minutes up the road.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Trenton, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised! With a certain expectation associated with 'motels' this surpassed our expectations.
Pros: Beautiful grounds complete with 2 BBQ's for use among the guests, picnic tables, badminton net w raquets, baseball bats, footballs and numerous other sporting equipment. 2 chairs outside each room to sit and enjoy the weather. Wood chip paths and windflowers growing everywhere. Very well maintained grounds.
Spacious 2 room accommodation and kitchenette complete with cutlery, dishes, hot plate etc.
Reasonably priced.
Very close to Algonquin.
Cons: Decor is dated for people that care about that kind of thing.
Fridge in our room didn't work.
Uncomfortable lumpy beds.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank bananabrianna
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I did not like this place. When i called to make reservations for our long weekend stay i was informed that i would have a microwave, fridge and toaster, and a bbq.I also asked if there was a place for my boy to swim. When we arrived we were given a room that had a fridge that was smaller than my cooler but no microwave or toaster and the bbq was shared by everyone staying there...so first come first served basis..I asked why i didnt have a microwave like she said on the phone and she said it comes with the kitchenette and that has been taken. The rooms had a musty smell but the sheets and linens were clean. the river for my boy to swim in...wasnt fit for my dog to swim in. I was very disappointed by her misleading me to believe what kind of place i would be staying at. .I will never go back!!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dwight
Comfort Inn Huntsville
#2 of 4 in Dwight
Hidden Valley Resort
Hidden Valley Resort
#4 of 18 in Huntsville

Been to Riverside Motel Dwight? Share your experiences!