“It's the little things that count... Amazing weekend away!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eagle View Escape

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Eagle View Escape
Ranked #1 of 2 Rydal B&B and Inns
“It's the little things that count... Amazing weekend away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the weekend for my birthday, like the previous reviewer we also stayed in the executive spa room but have to say we had a completely different experience and have nothing but positive comments to say. Having previously travelled all across Australia for work and having stayed in many hotels, I have to say the service and little touches I received here rate it at the top of my list. We found the rooms very modern and clean. The little things were thought of such as replacing the tea candles with fresh new ones after each persons stay, a huge selection of complimentary DVD's which the very welcoming and polite receptionist offered to us upon check in, the delightful and homely entertainment room which we were welcomed to access at any time with freshly topped up and very clean complimentary tea and coffee bar.

We got there late in the afternoon and as the air was fresh and crisp we were attracted to the fire pit that has recently been set up in the BBQ area, after enquiring to staff about how to light it we were quickly offered the service of them setting it up for us with fresh kindling and wood in which the very friendly staff came back to top up for us after we had finished our meal by the fire. The water in our spa was crystal clear, we endulged in the yummy chocolate fondue platter, enjoying the shadows and dark blues of our amazing view even in the evening. I would recommend the Eagle View escape to anyone and my only gripe is that we couldn't stay longer due to having to come back for work!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Samantha J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here recently with my wife for a short getaway. Overall, I would agree that the views are stunning and the staff seemed friendly at first. The rooms are older than expected, but that was no big deal. However, we were very disappointed with the way they handled a situation that arose.

When taking a spa I noticed a green sludge that started to accumulate around the edges. When I complained, they tried cleaning it and eventually moved us to another room. When the problem recurred and they couldn't figure out where it was coming from, they ended up suggesting it must be coming from me! Needless to say I was shocked and quite offended. I was quite clean, especially by the time I got to the second room to try again, and I've had plenty of spas in the past and never had anything like this. They admitted that they use "tank water" - seems a much more like source than a person. It was green like algae, not just dirt.

Obviously this soured the whole experience. I was mostly shocked with the way they handled it - a simple apology and promise to fix it would have been much more professional, and maybe some sort of discount given we couldn't actually take a spa in our "executive spa room"?

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Matt0101
Robyn L, Owner at Eagle View Escape, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Mr Dowling, Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.
Eagle View Escape is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities, and in particular we pride ourselves on our customer service. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our business, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet our guests needs. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated, and has been discussed in detail at our monthly staff meeting. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future accomodation/getaway needs.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I knew this was going to be the perfect place to unwind before I even reached the hotel. The view on approach was spectacular,and took my breath away. The staff were friendly and helpful, the walk down the fairy lit passage atmospheric, and then I opened my door to the most amazing views ever of the mountains and lake below! The room was clean, the bed very comfortable and as a woman travelling on my own I loved feeling safe and snug knowing there were people around, but being able to enjoy complete peace and quiet and privacy because I couldn't hear anything but the wind in the trees. The only trouble I had was getting my heavy luggage back up the stairs at the end of the visit. A small price to pay though for a tremendous long weekend. I chose Eagle View Escape as a halfway point from Sydney to visiting Hill End on it's open day, but I plan on returning again because it was the perfect destination in itself.

Room Tip: I stayed in Lake View Spa Suite 11 and didn't see any other rooms, but I believe they are all se...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nicole L
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My hubby and I stayed for a romantic long weekend to relax! We stayed in the executive spa suite which was lovely! It had unbelievable views of the river and native wildlife like kangaroos! The room was lovely although u could hear when the other guests in nearby rooms were in their spa or in the shower. We are definitely going to return but will most likely choose one of the cabins instead as they are much ore isolated for a romantuc getaway! When checking out we had the chance to checkout the lakeside suites and they are lovely with stunning views much cosy than the executive spa suits as the lakeside ones are more cabiny with timber fittings. Food hampers are great, We ordered the picnic hamper on the Saturday which was loaded with sandwiches, fruit, cheese platter, chocolate, tea/coffee and hot water, it was delicious and very filling!!! We had a great stay, there isn't much around other than beautiful scenic sites! Thanks for a beautiful
Stay!

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

An absolutely picturesque setting. We were lucky enough to have the entire place to ourselves for a short while. This is a place where you can absolutely rest, relax and recharge. The Executive Suite was immaculate, smelling fresh and looking incredibly clean. The people are very warm, welcoming and extremely accommodating. The owners are to be congratulated on such a beautiful establishment!!!!!

This is a highly recommended trip away!

Room Tip: Executive Suites allow a beautiful view of mountains and water.
1 Thank SheridanWalters
Kincumber, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at the rendezvous cabin and it met our expectations and more. Great place to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet whilst sitting in the huge spa.

We highly recommend this play and are going again for our next holiday

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My partner and I spent my 21st birthday here. We stayed in the penthouse suite and the room was much more than what we were expecting. It was clean and very modern with an amazing spa, wonderful lighting, with spectacular views over the mountains. It was the perfect romantic getaway and I look forward to returning in the near future. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The best holiday I have ever had!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rydal
Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley
The Carrington Hotel
#3 of 15 in Katoomba
Echoes Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
Hydro Majestic Blue Mountains

Been to Eagle View Escape? Share your experiences!