See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 17, 2017

We were booked to overnight at the Burnichon, after leaving Lyon. Unfortunately, due to a canceled train, we had to drive from Frankfurt instead. This meant we were going to be late arriving at the hotel.

I place a phone call to the hotel to explain that we would be late. I was told that the hotel locks the door between 11pm and 7.00am but it wasn't a problem. The gentleman was aware of my reservation. He provided me with the key-code for the front door and told me that my room key would be waiting for me on the Reception desk.

It was after midnight when we arrived, but we were able to let ourselves in and get into our room.

We checked out the next morning, after breakfast, so didn't see too much of the hotel.

Breakfast was a simple cold buffet arrangement. There wasn't much that appealed to us but we picked at a few things. We only learned that the buffet cost €9 per head when we checked out. Had we known, we would have skipped the breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2016

Recently-renovated hotel, well-located in Tarare. It has a beautiful swimming pool in the rear and plenty of parking to the side. Has a lovely bar and, though we did not eat there (closed on Sunday) a nice looking restaurant.

Room Tip: No elevator so I recommend the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2015

Stayed here with work colleagues for two nights whilst visiting our company's factory in Tarare. Good food, clean rooms, no aircon , but my room was at the back in the shade, no not a major problem, despite the hot weather. Rooms at the front can noisy due to road noise. Food choices from the menus was good.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed March 11, 2015

This is a wonderful local community-style hotel with a wonderful and reasonably priced restaurant and very helpful and professional staff. The rooms are well designed, beds very comfortable and are reasonably well sound-proofed too. For a short or longer stay in the Beaujolais region, this is a pleasant hotel well worth a consideration.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a fairly small and friendly hotel, food is un-fussy and adequate, the staff very friendly though limited in English language. Room was reasonably comfortable with excellent bathroom & shower facilities.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple