We had our recent wedding at Mille Etoiles and it was fantastic. We decided we wanted a relaxed and informal outdoors occasion lasting for several days.
The atmosphere and setting was very romantic, especially at night with the forest all lit up. All our guests stayed in the yurts, and found them really comfortable and soothing! The surrounding area is really picturesque with lots of charming medieval towns and beautiful French countryside - we went on a canoe trip down the Ardeche on Friday and had our wedding in the local Catholic Church (in Vallon) on the Saturday!
The site is now set up very well for hosting events, with a lovely covered terrace area (underneath a beautiful wood/sail awning) where we had all our meals and a special wedding dinner. Mille Etoiles also has an incredible and unique "Grand Yurt" (a huge double-storey canvas structure), which was a real focal point later in the evening - we used it for dancing and partying after dinner, and it was great being able to move around the forest, with each area having a special and different atmosphere.
We had to put a lot of work into organising things from England and were incredibly lucky to have family and friends that offered endless enthusiasm and support for us. Luds and Ruth (the owners) were also very helpful with recommendations and advice, and great at organising things locally (everything from PA system, tables/chairs to African drummers for the Grand Yurt!) The other staff were very friendly and sociable, mixing with guests but also working very hard to ensure that everything ran smoothly.
For a completely different wedding in a beautiful, rustic setting with a truly special atmosphere; we think Mille Etoiles would be hard to top!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mille Etoiles provides accommodation in twelve Mongolian-style natural-canvas yurt dwellings with oak and ash frameworks.These yurts draw on the traditional Kirghiz portable dwellings used in Central Asian steppes.Eight of our yurts have double-bed accommodation for two adults, plus two children in single beds.If you have three children please contact us and we’ll fit in a third bed. Three other yurts are more remotely located in the woods, making ideal romantic getaways.Comfortable bed linen—, blankets and bedspreads—is provided, and changed every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, PitchUp and Booking.com so you can book your Camping Mille Etoiles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camping Mille Etoiles Hotel Labastide-De-Virac
- Camping Mille Etoiles France/Labastide-De-Virac, Ardeche