What a gorgeous place ! A bit off the beaten track but so worth the effort. We stayed in a 2 person yurt for a week and could have stayed for so much longer as it was so relaxing. Everything you needed was provided eg cooking equipment and you could hire bed sheets if you needed to. We were greeted by Nadine who was extremely friendly and helpful even though our French wasn't brilliant ! She showed us around the site and the view , oh wow the view, literally steps from the site across the gorge is amazing, literally breathtaking ! There is a steep walk down to the river from the site which was pretty hard going on the way back in the August heat but still worth it, to spent time swimming in the river and watching the numerous canoes go past for a few hours. The site has its own restaurant which serves a simple menu , the pizza are really tasty, we ate there 3 times it was so nice. You could pre order bread, pain de chocolate etc at the restaurant for breakfast which was a bonus being a drive away from the nearest village. If pushed to suggest a negative about the site it is the toilet/shower facilities. Instead of the normal row of showers and toilets, the site has 3 rooms which contain a shower, toilet and wash basin , which are great especially for those with children but there are just not enough of them to accommodate everyone, queuing to use the loo is no fun !
A exciting winding road from the site takes you to Vallon Pont d'arc , which is the tourism spot of the area. Here there is a large supermarket, numerous restaurants, shops to keep everyone entertained. There are many things to do in the local area including visiting caves, horse riding and of course hiring of canoes for trips along the Ardeche river. The village of Barjac is worth a visit as is Pont Espirit , especially on Saturday morning when the weekly market is held.
Mille Etoile is a gorgeous site, well worth the long drive from the UK, we loved staying there and would go back again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mille Etoiles provides accommodation in twelve Mongolian-style natural-canvas yurt dwellings with oak and ash frameworks.These yurts draw on the traditional Kirghiz portable dwellings used in Central Asian steppes.Eight of our yurts have double-bed accommodation for two adults, plus two children in single beds.If you have three children please contact us and we’ll fit in a third bed. Three other yurts are more remotely located in the woods, making ideal romantic getaways.Comfortable bed linen—, blankets and bedspreads—is provided, and changed every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, PitchUp and Booking.com so you can book your Camping Mille Etoiles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camping Mille Etoiles Hotel Labastide-De-Virac
- Camping Mille Etoiles France/Labastide-De-Virac, Ardeche