Let's get the good bits out of the way first! The Lamb Inn is old so it is a wonderfully quirky building. The room was clean, tidy, well appointed and the bed was comfortable, plus parking is easy. Now for the not so good bits; the food is overpriced and poor. I ordered a chicken pie and whilst the pie was very hot and tasty, the mashed potatoes were (at best) luke warm and the cabbage had been boiled to within an inch of its life - and was even colder than the potatoes. My wife's omelette resembled a yellow oil slick on a plate. Heck, a man at the next table even sent his chips back twice! Being primarily a pub and being the only pub in the village, The Lamb Inn would appear to be the social centre of the village, which in itself isn't a problem until, that is, you wish to go to sleep. Whichever room you are in, the noise from the bar is distinctly intrusive which means that one can forget an early night. We found that the noise had abated enough to go to sleep by about 11.45pm on both of the nights we were there. The staff were all very polite in a vacuous kind of way; that is, they'd politely listen to anything you said (even if giving a food order) and give you a polite but "do I really care" type of answer. For example, our daughter arranged for some chocolates, wine and flowers to be put in the room for us. The wine and chocolates were there, but there was no card or message of any sort, so it wasn't until we received an email from our daughter (there is wifi at the Lamb) that we knew anything about it. When we queried this and the absence of the flowers with the manager, we got a polite brush off; albeit some flowers miraculously appeared about a half hour later. One other thing to be aware of, there is no mobile phone signal in the village - none. I'm not sure if this is a blessing or a curse. If you are a pub type person and don't care too much what you eat, then perhaps The Lamb Inn is for you, otherwise save your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lamb Inn at Great Rissington is one of the Cotswolds' most welcoming country inns. Overlooking the Windrush Valley, The Lamb is surrounded by heritage sites and visitor attractions, antique shops and art galleries, cultural and sporting events.In May 2011, we are pleased to announce we received a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Lamb Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lamb Hotel Great Rissington
- The Lamb Inn Great Rissington, England