We visited the Lamb over May Bank Holiday to celebrate my 60th birthday. The pub is beautifully situated in a picturesque village and the staff were very friendly and welcoming from the outset. Everything was very informal and we were not required to pay any deposit and ran a bar tab which was very convenient. We stayed in the Burford suite at the front of the pub which was perfect - spotlessly clean, comfortable and very large bed. The bar and restaurant are very cosy although perhaps a more varied selection of ales on tap would have made our evening drinking more interesting. The menu was varied and well prepared and our only complaint was that we had to wait nearly an hour to receive our meals on the Saturday even though the restaurant was not busy. We didn't really receive an explanation but it appeared that we had to wait for one particular waitress to take our order who was busy elsewhere. Overall though we would thoroughly recommend The Lamb and enjoyed our break there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lamb Inn at Great Rissington is one of the Cotswolds' most welcoming country inns. Overlooking the Windrush Valley, The Lamb is surrounded by heritage sites and visitor attractions, antique shops and art galleries, cultural and sporting events.In May 2011, we are pleased to announce we received a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Lamb Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lamb Hotel Great Rissington
- The Lamb Inn Great Rissington, England