“We loved it!”
Review of The Lamb Inn

Bedfordshire
“We loved it!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I got engaged at the Lamb Inn so it was a very special occassion. The Windrush Suite was lovely and we had a great time. The food is to a very high standard and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We were made to feel very special and have since been back to discover it has got even better. We will be back...again and again.......Mr & Mrs Sanchez. A special thanks to the landlord who went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect for when I popped the question.

Room Tip: Millie and Jamima are very quiet and on their own in the grounds but I would spoil yourself and go f...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PedroBedfordshire
TheLambInndotcom, Owner at The Lamb Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us once again. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more anniversies!
Paul and the team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
London
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful weekend at The Lamb Inn. The place is lovely and perfectly situated to explore the Cotswolds. We arrived late on the Friday night after last orders in the kitchen, however, we were still served food which was very much appreciated having travelled from London after work. We stayed in the Rissington room, which is delightful complete with a four poster bed and a sitting area, which was nice to relax in before dinner. The food is of a very good standard with locally sourced produce, in fact, we had intended eating somewhere different on the Saturday night, but was so impressed with the menu that we decided to spend our anniversary in the restaurant. The staff are extremely friendly and nothing is too much trouble and all in all we had a perfect weekend. Thanks to all for making my husband's and my anniversary perfect - we will definitely be back again soon.

Natalie.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natalie C
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to leave a review. I'm delighted you experienced a "Perfect weekend away", staff extremely friendly with nothing to much trouble and the food you experienced to our usual high standard.
We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon
Paul and the team
Nuneaton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed Friday and Saturday in the Millie's suite in the garden, superb room ideal for dogs as we took ours, dog friendly, excellent place to visit the rest of the Cotswolds, superb country walks beautiful scenery.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Nick S
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and that you experienced a "Superb Place".
The garden rooms are always a favourite with our visiting guests that are dog owners and with the superb walks and beautiful scenery we are ideally located for exploring the delights of the Cotswolds.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here with my husband to celebrate my birthday in September (2012) and what a wonderful place this was! EXCELLENT value for money as well I should point out. This was my first trip to the Cotswolds - and if you live in or near London (we live in SW London) - you can get here in under 2 hours fairly easily. The Cotswolds are beautiful and really charming. The food at the Lamb Inn is excellent - even for vegetarians like me. The rooms are comfortable and the mattress in our room was excellent. We stayed in Millie's garden suite (I think that was the name) - we loved it. The room was spacious and cozy and comfortable. This would also be an ideal place if you have a dog. Great place for weekend away.

Room Tip: Loved Millie's Garden Suite!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and that you enjoyed a "Great weekend getaway" celebrating your birthday. Its always great to hear you felt we represent "EXCELLENT" value for money! Delighted you enjoyed the food we offer and that the chefs came up with some excellent vegetarian options for you, Hopefully see you sometime soon
Berkshire
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just returned from a 2 night break at the Lamb and, thanks to TripAdvisor we had an amazing suite (the Windrush with a big Jacuzzi bath) for the princely sum of £75 per night B&B. I had found the inn’s website while surfing around and went onto TA to check reviews. There was a deal mentioned on the TA website of £75 a night any room to celebrate the number of excellent reviews. When I enquired with the hotel it was on a first come first served basis and as the suite was available when we enquired we got it. (PS AT THE TIME OF WRITING THE OFFER IS STILL AVAILABLE!!!)

Not certain if I would pay the full price for the suite but that is nothing against the hotel, that’s just me not being able to justify spending £150 plus per night on any room anywhere.

As mentioned in other reviews the staff are great, all very friendly and helpful. A couple of episodes to relate:-

We dined in the restaurant on our first night and my wife fancied the cheeseboard to finish off with. However she is allergic to blue cheese so asked that this be removed from the selection of cheeses available. The waitress returned advising that the other cheeses had been in close proximity to the blue cheese and offering a completely different selection of cheeses. This was above and beyond what was requested and very much appreciated by my better half.

On day two we had eaten fairly heavily at lunchtime so were not wanting a full meal in the evening. I popped down to the bar for a couple of drinks and asked about a bar menu. No bar menu but they were more than happy to rustle us up a couple of portions of fries.

All in all an excellent break in a wonderful old country inn with proper quality food and great service.

Room Tip: Book now while the deal is on
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BerkshireAyjaydee
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I'm delighted you managed to take up the TripAdvisor special offer of any room at £75!! It is a great mid week deal and one all TripAdvisor readers can use (will check I have listed it for another month)
Look forward to welcoming you back soon for another "excellent break in a wonderful old country inn with proper quality food and great service"
Paul and all at The Lamb Inn
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The 6 of us stayed 4 nights, breakfast and dinner included. Super deal!
We found the Inn through Google maps and it was the friendliness and helpfulness when we called for further info that made us decide to book.
Though we arrived late (delayed flight), after the kitchen had closed, a huge platter of sandwiches was provided, indicative of the quality that was to come in the next few days. We very much enjoyed our meals!
The rooms were great and the staff were all super friendly and helfpul. If there was a negative, it was the temperature in the dining room, especially in the evening, and in the rooms early in the morning. We probably aren't as used to the (damp) cold as the Brits are, even though we live in the mountains of Switzerland; it must be a different kind of cold.
Thanks for making our stay such an enjoyable experience! We'd recommend you any time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us. Please accept my apologies if you felt a little chilly early morning/late evening, if you would have mentioned it I would have happily adjusted the timings to suit. Sometimes when we are busy looking after our guests we forget these old buildings are a little drafty!
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Four of us from Australia booked The Lamb Inn because of their location. Didn't matter, this place is fantastic. Our rooms were great, exactly what I saw on their web site. The bar was great the restaurant was great. However the staff were different, they were fantastic. Wonderful experience to stay here, suggest you don't miss this one. So close to Stratford, Oxford etc.
Special mention to my favourite girl and I nicknamed here blackie. Been to Australia and really joined in the fun we were having, thanks mate for making our stay a wonderful experience. I should mention the other staff because they were fantastic as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and I'm delighted we were able to make your stay with us a "wonderful experience". Blackie says high and hopes you return soon as we love it when our guests have a great time and we can share in the fun.
Kind regards
Paul and all at the Lamb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Rissington
Lords of the Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Upper Slaughter
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,045 reviews
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's Restaurant
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
The Slaughters Manor House
The Slaughters Manor House
#2 of 2 in Lower Slaughter
Chester House Hotel
Chester House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bourton-on-the-Water

Been to The Lamb Inn? Share your experiences!