“Unique fun border crossing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Horne's Ferry

Horne's Ferry
Barrie, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Unique fun border crossing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was a fun experience. I have crossed most of the U.S./Canada border crossings but this one is unique. The trip only took 20 min. minutes to cross from Kingston to Wolfe Island (no charge). A short drive across the Island and another short ferry ride (small fee) to the U.S. customs. We were able to take as many photos as we liked both boarding and getting off the ferry's. Cost is reasonable and the ride is a fun experience. Excellent people guiding us on and off and through customs. Would definitely do this again.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Dee D

Belleville, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Fun, easy border crossing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We crossed on the ferry for our first time yesterday. We arrived and drove right onto the ferry. My husband and daughter had a blast standing near the front of the ferry and getting splashed by the waves and mist. The trip was fast and it only took a few minutes for the 3 cars on board to be cleared by the customs agent. Wolfe Island is quite a nice little island, and we really enjoyed stopping at the corn maze.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank familyToronto
Brockville, Canada
152 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've lived in Brockville most of my life. I've therefore taken many trips to Kingston and also Wolfe Island. I've crossed over from Kingston to Wolfe Island on the ferry many times in my life. Last summer, I thought my wife and I thought we'd explore and take the ferry from Wolfe Island to Cape Cod. It is a small ferry that is a bit expensive - guess we are used to the free ferry from Kingston to Wolfe Island. Anyways, it was a nice sunny day and we enjoyed the drive to Massena where we went to one of our favourite restaurants - Ponderosa. I'm glad I finally went on this ferry though. We'd probably do it again.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank May S
northern ny
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“fun, cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

The family that run ferry are friendly, cost is reasonable, discount if
you return by ferry same day. I left my car on wolf island, free parking, walked on other ferry that docks in to downtown Kingston. Saved time and gas. Will do this every summer.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank kathy r
Peterborough, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“GREAT EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our Family has been crossing to Cape Vincent NY and points south utilizing the Horne Ferry Service frome Wolfe Island since we discoverd this excellent service in 1984. The Horne Family have over 200 years of Tradition serving their repeat customers. Excellent Customer Service ,Convience,Great Views and we avoid long line ups at the traditional Bridge crossing....Most Enjoyable.

Visited July 2012