“Best Waterfront Patio Around!”
Review of Wolfe Island Grill

Wolfe Island Grill
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to the NEW Wolfe Island Grill and its owners, Casey and Nicole Fisher Come and enjoy live music, good food, beautiful sunsets and a spectacular view on our licensed waterside summer patio. For further information check out our website.
Kingston, Canada
“Best Waterfront Patio Around!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have been frequenting the Island Grill for Years. The ferry ride is so relaxing, and arriving at the patio always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. We used to just go for drinks and have a few snacks if needed, as the old menu was "sketchy". This year, the new owners have done a great job with the renovations, and the food is definitely better. I do think, however, they went a little too far to the other extreme with the menu, trying to be too upscale for the setting, and I think their kitchen is having a hard time pulling it off. We've eaten there 3 times this summer. The first time we had the striploins and they were excellent. So good that my husband ordered it again on our next visit. It wasn't nearly as good as the first time...he ordered it medium rare, and it was very close to well done, and seemingly a different cut of meat...thinner and gray, instead of the beautiful char and grill marks the first ones had. The burger is tasty, for sure, but the options are limited and they are really lacking in options for the kind of snacks one hungers for while spending an afternoon drinking beer on a dock. Lets hope they are just working out the bugs, and next summer there is a more accessible and consistent menu, because the patio there cant be beat.

• Visited August 2013

Kingston, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really enjoyed ourselves”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

After reading mixed reviews on tripadvisor, I was debating between lunch downtown Kingston before going over to the island for the afternoon or trying the Island Grill. Glad i went with the Island grill option! Great patio, nice beer selection and the food was really really good. The majority of our group had the special of the day which was the open faced steak sandwich with portabello muschrooms and a yummy cream sauce. seriously good stuff. fries were cooked perfectly (I am a fry snob) and the beet salad was great. the stuffed chicken was also gobbled up.

Would definitely eat there again when on the island, and would consider parking downtown Kingston, taking the ferry over and just walking the half block to the restaurant.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank eps0052
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Crazy yummy brunch - great atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Last Sunday, a friend and I took two of our children on a boat ride to Wolfe Island for brunch.

The Island Grill has been taken over recently by a family who owns another Kingston venue, and I have been waiting for a while to stop by and see what they had done to the place.

The renos are great, and the face-lift is evident. I will head back sometime to have a bit of wine in the evening...The seating is greatly improved, and the overall atmosphere has received an upgrade.

We were immediately offered mimosas, so of course I fell in love. The brunch menu is simple, yet covers all bases. I was drawn to the eggs benedict options, and chose to go veg. Excellent choice. It was a perfect presentation and enormous delivery on taste. One of my favourite parts? You don't have to go with hash browns, yoghurt and fruit are also available as a side - perfect.

My friend had an apple french toast, which was also amazing. I know, I tried a bit of everyone's food! For the kids...lots of choices, we settled on chicken fingers, and those came with a side of watermelon as an alternative to fries - happy Moms.

My suggestion? Get on that ferry, enjoy the ride, and treat yourself to a meal on that patio while you enjoy the view of Kingston from another angle. Not to be missed.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank CMC613
Belleville, Canada
“Perfect location and atmosphere for a drink”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

While waiting for the ferry, we parked in line and sat on the deck at The Island Grill for a beer. The place is perfectly located, we could see the ferry as it was arriving and the waitress was helpful to be sure we were paid up as she knew we (and it turned out many others) were waiting for the ferry. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to eat, but the food did look very good. We will definitely visit again for a relaxed drink and a meal by the water.

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“BEST burgers”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

First visit to Island Grill was Aug. 9. We really enjoyed it- great service and fabulous burger with the works, also the fries were perfect (and this is important for a Grill/Pub!!).

• Visited August 2013