At least part of our Maliba Lodge experience was the journey through the Golden Gate, and a night in Clarens before reaching our destination. The drive through sandstone cliffs lit by the late afternoon golden light is a photographer's dream and not to be missed by enthusiastic 'snappers.' The magnificent scenery continues all the way to lodge with many more photo opportunities as long as you have tame driver who will stop for you!
The situation of the lodge, nestled in a valley between the mountains, is breathtaking and is a view that can be seen from the verandah of every suite and most especially from the deck of the main building. We had a friendly welcome from all the staff, and it was quite clear that they all work at the lodge with a deep sense of pride. Every duty is performed with a genuine smile and that one aspect alone sets Maliba apart from other lodges where the staff can seem cold and unconcerned about the quality of their service.
Activites - well, at best you can sit, chill and admire the view (or take photos as the light on the mountains changes a 100 times a day) or for the more energetic, take a pony ride, a hike along one of the many walks to waterfalls and other view sites or a swim in one of the natural pools. So take a book, a camera, sun screen and walking shoes and that just about covers it.. Oh yes, and, dont worry about keeping warm in the colder months. Every beautifully appointed room is complete with underfloor heating, as well as a fireplace, electric blankets and a heated towel rail. And...I haven't mentioned the food. Well, the most discerning diner will not be disappointed here either as the meals prepared by the chefs is an experience in itself. Nearly every meal is a work of art - in fact you're not sure whether to eat it or photograph it - I did both.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests can relax in one of six spacious luxury chalets, enjoy scenic mountain landscapes from their own private balconies and enjoy the pampering attention of our friendly staff. The main lodge features a gourmet restaurant & bistro, two bars with quiet, discreet areas to relax in, with views of the surrounding mountains. Guests have a unique opportunity to explore the beauty of the landscape on horseback, go hiking along the various mountain trails, enjoy a visit to the cultural village or indulge in a massage on their private deck. Maliba Lodge also offers a kids club to keep your little ones entertained. Rates are room only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Maliba Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maliba Mountain Hotel Tsehlanyane National Park
- Maliba Mountain Lodge Lesotho/Tsehlanyane National Park