Our holiday got off to an amazing start when we were upgraded from a rondavel to one of the self catering chalets. The rondavels looked nice but the chalets (think house rather than chalet) were stunning and the kitchens were the best equipped I've ever seen for self catering accommodation, although take all food with you if self catering as there is nothing available nearby.
We ate all meals in the restaurant as breakfast and supper were included in our package and we paid extra for lunch. Every meal was delicious and the kids' options were actually real food rather than 'nuggets & chips'.
We did a fantastic hike through the National Park which was just breathtaking and easy to find.
My children were too young for any of the pony riding trips, but (without me even asking for it) the staff arranged for 2 horses to be brought down and my children were led on a 20 min walk up the hill. We were charged nothing for this. This is an example of the way the staff treated us at all times, they were attentive, polite and went out of their way to help in any way they could. And that was every member of staff; cleaners, security, reception, bar staff, just everyone.
We also couldn't believe our bill at the end. I thought we'd got a total bargain package and assumed we'd be stung for drinks and extras, but it was very, very reasonable.
Really can't recommend it highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the North of Lesotho's breathtaking Maluti / Drakensburg Mountains, the 5 Star Maliba Mountain Lodge offers a luxurious tranquil retreat set in a pristine national park. Guests can relax in one of the 6 spacious Basotho-style suites, enjoy scenic mountain vistas from private balconies and enjoy the pampering service of the friendly staff. The main lodge features a Gourmet restaurant and bar with quiet discreet areas to relax in front of the fire places and discuss the day’s events. Guests have a unique opportunity to explore the beauty of the landscape from horseback, hiking along the various mountain trails, visiting the cultural village or enjoying a massage from your private deck. Join us for an unforgettable adventure and experience the “Kingdom in the sky”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, South African Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Maliba Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maliba Mountain Hotel Tsehlanyane National Park
- Maliba Mountain Lodge Lesotho/Tsehlanyane National Park