“Couldn't have asked for a better guide”
Review of Hotel Parkside

Hotel Parkside
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Sauraha
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had a great time during my stay at hotel parkside. The facilities were very good, the food that they prepared were very good but the highlight of my stay was the quality of the guide that the hotel provided. My guide was Gopal, he had a great amount of experience and was very knowledgeable about Chitwan national park. he was very dedicated to his job and seemed to thoroughly enjoy it and the passion that he had was passed onto me and i greatly appreciated his guidance. You also have to beware that some hotels don't actually take you into the chitwan national park itself but a buffer zone but I know that Parkside does take you into the national park itself as I have my park permit. Also the hotel is also very active in the local community in allowing children to receive education and providing training to local women so that they can have a job to help sustain their family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tb Q
besthotelinchitwan, Owner at Hotel Parkside, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. It help us to do always positive. Yes our guide Gopal is very kind and helpfull person, who realy care for his guest. Every one does same, but Gopal is special. Yes we are also doing many social projects, which helps to improve the life of people
around the Bacchauli. We are focusing now for Education. Soon we are going to Built Social
school, which helps to get good education for the Poor family. Educated Society makes better place to live.

Hope to see you again at Parkside.
Parkside Family

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here recently and I reccomend this hotel highly.

Please understand that you are staying just outside the nature preserve and adjust your expectations accordingly. This is essentially the jungle.

The key to this experience is the hotel "manager" and "guide" Gopal. He is incredibly knowledgable of the area and quite friendly.

Our room had AC which worked well in the monsson season. The bathroom was roomy for Nepal standards. Our beds were comfortable but firm. Mosquito netting was provided but I did not really encounter any mosquitos.

The hotel is reasonably close to all activities and the hotel provided transportation for the safari and the cultural presentation in town.

The food was delivered promptly and was very good. All was included except for alcohol.

We visited the elephant sanctuary and Gopal let us have plenty of time with the new baby elephant Ida which was a real treat for us.

We also walked to the nearby river for an elephant bath which was amazing.

The hotel has 2 elephants on site which you can see anytime that they are not busy working.

Anyone going to this hotel will be more than satisfied with their experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed in Parkside for a weekend and it was great! The rooms are very nice especially if you consider the fact that they are in the middle of the jungle. The bathrooms western and have hot water, and the beds are some of the most comforable I have slept on in Nepal! The food was great. The best part was the Elephants though, the safari was good and the elephant bath was a trip maker! We got to see a baby elephant which was absolutely incredible. Also the guide Gopal was so helpful and friendly, he made us feel welcome and he knows so much about the animals. He alone is enough to make you want to return! I reccomend Parkside to anyone who goes to Chitwan for an up close and personal experience with nature!

Room Tip: Do the elephant bath!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
besthotelinchitwan, Owner at Hotel Parkside, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you very much Keti for your positive reviews, it helps us to do better in service and motive our staffs. With out our staffs it is not possible to make your stay at our comfortable.
We always care, that our guest gave good time. We love to see again and again.
Wish you all the best and hope to see you and your friend at Parkside.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our stay in Hotel Parkside was outstanding and memorable. Of all the hotels in Chitwan, Parkside is the only one that uses a share of it's money to give back to the community sponsoring children through school and a women's learning center as well.

In addition to this, they have awesome rooms with wonderfully refreshing air conditioning and great showers. The grounds are beautiful as well. The package we got was all inclusive and they did a great job with a variety of dishes and food. They have an elephant stable in the back where the hotel's own elephant Pooja lives, and you can go and feed it and hang out any time you want.

Gopal was our guide and did an awesome job showing us around Chitwan and taking us on safari into the jungle. We will most certainly be coming back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
besthotelinchitwan, Owner at Hotel Parkside, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Namaste Stephen,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience to the Trip Advisor. It helps us to know the people, that we are not only runing hotel to earn profit, but also to help society. As we are doing
our best to support society with our business.
Thank you again and hope to see you again.
Wish you all the best

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My stay at the Hotel Parkside was set up by someone I knew so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I enjoyed my time here very much! I was happy to hear about Hotel Parkside's community involvement as well. The food was excellent, the staff friendly, and Gopal was a wonderful guide! My favorite part was an early morning canoe ride where we got to see about 15 different birds... probably 10 more than I would have seen without Gopal's help! The elephant ride and elephant bath were also highlights. My only complaint was the extremely hot and humid weather, but this was just due to the time I happened to be there (June). The fans in the room helped us deal with this, as well as plenty of water and naps!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ggustavson
besthotelinchitwan, Owner at Hotel Parkside, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We are not only doing business, but we alos support society.
in Education, Woment Empower projects, Libery, Micro credit, Elephant dung paper,
and we are making Health Care Center, ( underconstruction near bus park) and soon we are starting to built Social School which helps in Education for all needy.

Thank you for your Support and i would like to invite new Guest to experience our traditional
service with Social countribution. Your Stay at Parkside helps to support Society.

Best Regard.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Returning to Hotel Parkside after 5 years, again as a long-stay volunteer in environmental issues, I find the friendly welcome, excellent service, cool and large en-suite room, and standards of cleanliness and cooking as high as in 2008. Parkside has a family atmosphere, with the Director Mr Shiri Lal Pariyar and his young family living close by, and nothing is too much trouble to make guests feel welcome, comfortable and fully experience the delights of Chitwan National Park and Rapati river. The knowledge of the Hotel jungle Guides is particularly valuable.
Hotel Parkside is committed to helping the local community and environment, by providing employment, and supporting many good causes such as women's sewing training, community library, children's education, craftwork sales, and is the HQ of the Green Society Nepal. In this way, guests see much more of local life than they would otherwise.

Room Tip: First and second floors are quieter. All bathrooms recently upgraded
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TIIMMT
besthotelinchitwan, Owner at Hotel Parkside, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Hi Tim,
Thank you very much for your kind review, It helps people to know what we are doing.
Yes we are trying our best to make our place better and better. Our projects are runing well, and still we need help from people like you. Thank you for coming back and helping us.
I realy like to thank you for your support to help our Elephant Dung Products and Green Society Nepal, who is doing many social projects to help Society.

Thank you again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

we did a 3 day two night package. We had a room with air conditioner, which was very handy as it was quite hot and humid at this time of the year. Do be aware that nepal has a lot of load-shedding when power is not available, and generators are needed to supply power. Air conditioning will not work during this time, but there are ceiling fans that work. Beds have mosquito nets which is really handy.

Rooms and bathroom were clean and neat. Would be nice if some satchets of shampoo were provided but not a huge deal.

Gopal our guide, as well as restaurant staff were friendly and helpful.

I'd highly recommend bringing decent binoculars, as during the jungle walks sometimes the animals are quite far away to be seen. Gopal has a good eye for spotting animals extremely far away. Elephant ride was good, and was able to get closer to see animals. We saw rhinos and deers. Elephant bath/shower was great fun, I'd highly recommend this, if you don't mind getting wet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 99abc99
besthotelinchitwan, Owner at Hotel Parkside, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you very much for your time to write down some reviews regarding hotel parkside.
we will definetly consider what you have suggested to us. We will try our best to make our service better in coming future.
I also like to thank you for suggesting people our problem, during power cut we are not able to run AC. In summer it is very hot. Thank you again for your kind suggestion.
I hope to see you again at hotel parkside.
Best Regard

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sauraha
Jungle Safari Lodge
#2 of 8 in Chitwan National Park
Eden Jungle Resort
Eden Jungle Resort
#4 of 12 in Sauraha

Been to Hotel Parkside? Share your experiences!