“Lovely place to stay with very friendly staff”

Chitwan Village Resort
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at Chitwan village resort with my immediate family of four as well as with my two sisters and a friend in October. We couldn't have asked for a better standard of accommodation or been better cared for. The rooms were spacious and air-conditioned, the set menus were delicious and generous and the staff - including our guide and the general wait-staff - could not have been better. Our host Raj arranged a range of activities for us over our three night stay including a couple of extra activities that hadn't been originally planned and everything was smooth and seamless. For all the inclusions - food, accommodation and activities - the tariff was well priced. The absolute highlight was bathing with the elephants and is something we will never forget. Travelling to Chitwan and staying in this lodge should be part of everyone's travel in Nepal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I and my friend have bought a 3-day package program (non air-conditioning) in Chitwan Village Resort and we have enjoyed it very much. The manager and staff there are very nice, friendly, helpful and full of warm smiles. The room is the best we have got during our trip in Nepal which is very big, clean and comfortable. The mosquitoes are successfully kept away from our room and the fan is very strong to keep us cool. The shower can provide hot water. The food is very good and I cannot forget the scene that all the guests clapped their hands in the dining room to give thanks to the cook. We enjoyed the program activities including seeing sunset, canoeing, riding elepphant very much. The naturist guide is very nice and cautious. For the city people like us, these kind of activities are very unusual and exciting. I and my friend highly recommend Chitwan Village Resort to anyone who intend to travel Chitwan.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We found chitwan village resort through the Trip adviser and booked the trip for 5 days, and we loved it! The staff with Rajendra Bhandari and other were very very service-minded! They did all the best for me and my family. Canoeing on the river, jungle-trip elephant ride, sunset view from near by the resort, jeep safari, visiting elephant Breeding center all were superb.The rooms are very nice and comfortable and the children loved to play with the elephants! We highly recommend Chitwan village to anybody who wants to explore Chitwan and all the nature down there.
Enjoy it.
Thanks again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

To be honest i was not sure of getting in to this or not, if i would not have been, my trip to chitwan would have something missing. How ever i did go and it was great trip. Apart from the stunning views and peaceful stay, one more thing that made this resort stand out from the rest of the places i stayed till now was the staff. During the entire stay you can feel the warmth of staying at the house. i felt as though things changed around my house and transformed into a great place called chitwan village resort. I would like to congratulate and wish to visit there very soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We travelled round India for 7 weeks and this was by far the nicest place we stayed judged right across price categories. The staff were genuinely friendly, kind and incredibly helpful. The kind of place you dream of finding and so rarely do. Our room overlooked the elephant stables which was a wonderful bonus seeing them being painted and prepared for the day. The room was simple, tasteful and impeccably clean. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was outstanding and very generous, all very home made. An excellent program of activities was put together for us. I have never written a review but this place was so outstanding I really wanted to do something to help and so that other travellers might enjoy it too. I look forward to going back there for a much longer stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2012

If you are debating whether or not to book this place, DO IT!! This is the best place I have stayed (among probably 100) if the past few months on my trek around the world. Rajendra and his staff honestly make you feel like you are right at home. I have never been treated so kindly by any hotel, hostel, or guesthouse owner. The rooms are huge, bathrooms are nice, and the facilities are spotless. The bed was comfortable, and there was a great WiFi connection and a television (although who really needs that while at Chitwan National Park??). The food was phenomenal and made to order. The excursions were well planned, always on time, and very enjoyable. I also did not carry my bag once from the time I was picked up at the bus station to the moment I left. I don't know what else to say to explain to you how amazing my experience at this place was. (All the rhinos and elephants didn't hurt, either!). Rajendra is very prompt at responding to email, etc- so I wouldn't hesitate to send him questions or reservation details :)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2012

If you’re looking for clean, spacious and tidy rooms, as well as somewhere green, serene and peaceful (apart from the sometimes boisterous elephants and elephant keepers who reside next door, but that’s all part of the charm of the place), then Chitwan Village Resort is the place you should choose to stay. Manager Rajendra was always quick to respond to my emails, and his staff were always polite, attentive, professional and friendly, making our stay as comfortable as it could possibly have been. We stayed here twice in the space of five weeks. During our first stay, Rajendra was really informative and helpful with organising our various safaris in Chitwan National Park and the Community Park, making life so easy for us. We liked it here so much that we came back again a few weeks later and stayed for another week and a half to wind down after some trekking and before heading home. For the standard of the accommodation and with breakfast being included, it's great value for money too. We can’t say enough good things about Chitwan Village Resort and would highly recommend staying here as a base to see Chitwan National Park or as a place to just get away, relax and unwind.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daz H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sauraha
Hotel Parkside
#2 of 34 in Sauraha
Travellers Jungle Camp
Travellers Jungle Camp
#3 of 34 in Sauraha

Been to Chitwan Village Resort? Share your experiences!