“Great food, but lots of flies!”

Kc's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Sauraha
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I really wanted to give this restaurant a better review, but from the two different times I went, there were SO MANY FLIES! Not just mosquitoes (although there were many of them as well, particularly at night), but FLIES. This always makes me cringe, wondering where they came from, especially in/near a restaurant.

The garden is beautiful, and the service isn't bad... but the flies and then the state of the bathroom surprised me. Obviously the restaurant owners/managers have gone to a lot of trouble to maintain the outside of the restaurant, why not clean the bathroom? After my (male) partner said something to me, I acknowledged the women's bathroom was a mess as well. Please KC's Restaurant: Clean up your [--]! (Literally!)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The ambience was lovely and the place was nice. We ordered 3 separate dishes and only one was decent. everything seems to be served as a sizzler.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We ate here everyday during our 4 day stay in Chitwan. The food was some of the best I've eaten in Nepal. Great prices, friendly staff. The food could sometimes take a little while to be served, but it was always worth the wait. Such a stunning garden area too with seating at the end of the property to watch the sunset. Just lovely!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

A friend and I went after hearing good things and decided to give it a go.
We were very happy with the service the waiters were very attentive, our food came out fairly quickly. Food was quite good and left us very satisfied. We had dinner so couldn't make the most of the garden.
I'd recommend going for lunch as they have a great garden that even at night we explored.
It's a little more expensive than other places but marginally so and good portions so worth it.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Too slow, one hour for a couple of steaks, meat wasn't that good, a bit expensive and full of tourist...