“luxury far away from maddening crowd...”

Jungle Safari Lodge
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Sauraha
Brisbane, Australia
“luxury far away from maddening crowd...”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

The moment i stepped in this lodge, i felt lik home away from home.. i was very impressed with their hospitality. I had always been a nature guy and after visiting royal chitwan national park, my curiosity and love for nature have only multiplied. The serene beauty and earthy environment makes u feel like visiting that place over and again.
So, i m already making plans to visit royal chitwan national park and of course this beautiful lodge next year but this time with my family.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Roosendaal, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We have been to Jungle Safari Lodge for 3 days and had a perfect stay. Rooms are nice, spacious and clean. The staff is really nice and helpfull. The resort was full with a big group from India when we were there, but we even could choose what to eat for lunch and dinner. The food is tastety and plentyfull. Because of the rain, we changed our program (it looks everything is possible! We made our own program before arriving. Not the standard program) and we even saw the rhino's!
We want to thank everybody from the resort for the excellent stay and for everybody who is going to Chitwan: try Jungle Safari Lodge and you will have an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed August 2010
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Even before we arrived at the lodge we were given extremely helpful advice on travelling and organising our whole trip in Nepal. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and the staff were all extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were extremely comfortable, clean and spacious, the food plentiful and tasty-compliments to the chef! The great location in the main street makes it easy to go for a wander and experience local life first hand and we thoroughly enjoyed the organised activities, particularly 'Elephant Bathing'. I have no reservations in recommending this hotel and advise you to save time,look no further and book here, as you won't find anything better!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Food:2x –Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner- Beautiful, Great Quality and big quantity. Compliments to the cook!
Service: Fantastic, Greeted with smile every time and really cared about us and our activities. This lodge is the best experience we’ve had in Nepal, easily.
Activities: A bit disappointing not to see Rhino’s or Tiger but unfortunately this happens. Activities were very well organized and effectively executed, the best in Nepal.
Staff: Brilliant! Our guide, the organizer and all staff involved were amazing. The friendliest in Nepal so far with great customer service. Well done everyone .
Others: Your lodge was recommended to us and I will be recommending it to every one that I know who is coming to Nepal. Please maintain your fantastic service and facilities for years to come. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
West Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I have lots of good things to say about this hotel and its staff: BUT PLEASE REMEMBER that what is said is compared to things in Nepal, not the US or any other non-third world country.

1. (Great Rooms) I had been volunteering in Pokhara in an underfunded orphanage before I took a break to enjoy the wonders of Chitwan. A fellow female volunteer and I booked with a trusted agency, and they gave us the price of $95 for 3days/ 2night for an air conditioned room and the tons of activities that came along with the project and food.

Now in America or Australia, you know $95 for one night would only buy you a sketchy motel room. We expected a very, very basic room. When we were introduced into our A/C room, the other girl and I started squealing with surprise and happiness. There was a fan, A/C, a flat screen TV, a large western style bathroom with hot water, a large dresser and two fantastic looking beds. Everything was very, very clean and the blankets were folded all fancy. Now if you expect a FIVE STAR American Hotel, you will be disappointed. But if you compare the price and quality to other Nepali hotels and services offered, it's the deal of the summer. Even with a budget of $500, I could afford this get away.

2. (The food) Perhaps coming as volunteers who ate only rice every day, we were biased. When we found out the food was included in our stay, we weren't all that excited, expecting airline food. The food was excellent, restaurant-like food. They usually have three choices of meals that day, one always being VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY. First day we had spring rolls, then another day we had Chicken Tikka Masala for me. I was very impressed and grateful. I forgot to mention excellent breakfast.

3. (The activities) The single most amazing thing I did in Nepal was ride an elephant bare back. Another amazing deal was bathing with the elephant on a hot day in the Rapti River. Then riding an elephant through a LITERAL jungle (I'm from North Dakota, what can I say?) The next day, we walked through the jungle with a skilled guide who kept us safe. The events were fantastic for my photography, and I have plenty of stories to tell, including being up close to a Rhino.

4. (The service) I am always amazing at how one-on-one the business culture is in Nepal. All the ranges of staff were kind and helpful. It was great to have people to speak clear English with, also. The staff made sure we got everything we needed or wanted. For example, I needed my camera battery charged when the electricity was out. Without thinking twice, someone ran out the door with my battery to find a place that could charge it within the hour. Very committed.

5. (Anything else) We loved the bathroom. The outside was very, very pretty and the style of rooms on the outside was also very up-to-date but still exotic.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Midwesthome24
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Room:Very nice , clean and spacious room with nice furniture all technique you need and great bathroom . Very nice veranda in front
Food:Very good food, nice service a plenty of choices. Tastes super, I felt I could eat everything (because it’s clean) here.
Service:Very kind people ! Perfect service from the personal wake-up call to the personal guide who shows you all and helps whatever he can.
Activities:They were best –no amounts of tourist getting all the same. I felt as they made everything especially for me- that’s great.
Staff:All service was perfect.
Other: I felt all the time comfortable! Best hotel I’ve been in Nepal, Laos, Indonesia, Nz

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Karlsruhe, Germany
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Best Hotel of my whole Trip! Very nice, kind service, great food and perfect guide! Thanks a lot for the good time!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sauraha
Hotel Parkside
Green Mansions Jungle Resort
Eden Jungle Resort
Eden Jungle Resort
#5 of 12 in Sauraha

Been to Jungle Safari Lodge? Share your experiences!