“Your lodge was recommended to us and I will be recommending it to every one”

Jungle Safari Lodge
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sauraha
Dublin, Ireland
“Your lodge was recommended to us and I will be recommending it to every one”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Food:2x –Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner- Beautiful, Great Quality and big quantity. Compliments to the cook!
Service: Fantastic, Greeted with smile every time and really cared about us and our activities. This lodge is the best experience we’ve had in Nepal, easily.
Activities: A bit disappointing not to see Rhino’s or Tiger but unfortunately this happens. Activities were very well organized and effectively executed, the best in Nepal.
Staff: Brilliant! Our guide, the organizer and all staff involved were amazing. The friendliest in Nepal so far with great customer service. Well done everyone .
Others: Your lodge was recommended to us and I will be recommending it to every one that I know who is coming to Nepal. Please maintain your fantastic service and facilities for years to come. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
West Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I have lots of good things to say about this hotel and its staff: BUT PLEASE REMEMBER that what is said is compared to things in Nepal, not the US or any other non-third world country.

1. (Great Rooms) I had been volunteering in Pokhara in an underfunded orphanage before I took a break to enjoy the wonders of Chitwan. A fellow female volunteer and I booked with a trusted agency, and they gave us the price of $95 for 3days/ 2night for an air conditioned room and the tons of activities that came along with the project and food.

Now in America or Australia, you know $95 for one night would only buy you a sketchy motel room. We expected a very, very basic room. When we were introduced into our A/C room, the other girl and I started squealing with surprise and happiness. There was a fan, A/C, a flat screen TV, a large western style bathroom with hot water, a large dresser and two fantastic looking beds. Everything was very, very clean and the blankets were folded all fancy. Now if you expect a FIVE STAR American Hotel, you will be disappointed. But if you compare the price and quality to other Nepali hotels and services offered, it's the deal of the summer. Even with a budget of $500, I could afford this get away.

2. (The food) Perhaps coming as volunteers who ate only rice every day, we were biased. When we found out the food was included in our stay, we weren't all that excited, expecting airline food. The food was excellent, restaurant-like food. They usually have three choices of meals that day, one always being VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY. First day we had spring rolls, then another day we had Chicken Tikka Masala for me. I was very impressed and grateful. I forgot to mention excellent breakfast.

3. (The activities) The single most amazing thing I did in Nepal was ride an elephant bare back. Another amazing deal was bathing with the elephant on a hot day in the Rapti River. Then riding an elephant through a LITERAL jungle (I'm from North Dakota, what can I say?) The next day, we walked through the jungle with a skilled guide who kept us safe. The events were fantastic for my photography, and I have plenty of stories to tell, including being up close to a Rhino.

4. (The service) I am always amazing at how one-on-one the business culture is in Nepal. All the ranges of staff were kind and helpful. It was great to have people to speak clear English with, also. The staff made sure we got everything we needed or wanted. For example, I needed my camera battery charged when the electricity was out. Without thinking twice, someone ran out the door with my battery to find a place that could charge it within the hour. Very committed.

5. (Anything else) We loved the bathroom. The outside was very, very pretty and the style of rooms on the outside was also very up-to-date but still exotic.

2 Thank Midwesthome24
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Room:Very nice , clean and spacious room with nice furniture all technique you need and great bathroom . Very nice veranda in front
Food:Very good food, nice service a plenty of choices. Tastes super, I felt I could eat everything (because it’s clean) here.
Service:Very kind people ! Perfect service from the personal wake-up call to the personal guide who shows you all and helps whatever he can.
Activities:They were best –no amounts of tourist getting all the same. I felt as they made everything especially for me- that’s great.
Staff:All service was perfect.
Other: I felt all the time comfortable! Best hotel I’ve been in Nepal, Laos, Indonesia, Nz

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Karlsruhe, Germany
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Best Hotel of my whole Trip! Very nice, kind service, great food and perfect guide! Thanks a lot for the good time!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

During our 5 day stay in Chitwan, we spoke to many other people staying in various hotels and our choice was by far the best. Good location, very friendly and helpful staff, there was always a guide whenever we needed one to bring us out into the jungle, hotel had its own jeeps and elephants, food was excellent from a varied menu, bedrooms were very clean and comfortable with everything you would need, hotels owners were always on hand to ensure our stay was comfortable. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank PaulGreenan
Luxor, Egypt
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Value for money, fantastic and friendly staff. Generally we are hard to please as we are often very specific on the small things working in the hospitality and tourism sector all our lives. Thus, it was great to see a place in Nepal that had customer service skills, the capability of listening to what the client (us) had to say and informing us of specific details of our hotel package regularly, rather than a brief outline and us to figure it out ourselves as we go. Value for money, great fun, brilliant rooms. I wish all the success upon the lodge, please maintain your current service standard so I can continue to recommend anyone I know that comes to Nepal to stay here!!

Reviewed June 28, 2010

Everything the brouchure said ws 100%, infact it did not say as much as it could have, from the moment we contacted them everything we were promised was true to its word. From the many hotels we stayed in across Nepal nowhere compared to this location. a lovely little village atmosphere and very helpful staff, great food, perfect dweling for those looking for relax, adventure or pure luxury, it was a great round off to my Nepal experience.Guids, Cheifs, Waiter staff, owner all very kind and good fun to be around.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sauraha
Hotel Parkside
#1 of 15 in Chitwan National Park
Eden Jungle Resort
Eden Jungle Resort
#4 of 11 in Sauraha

Been to Jungle Safari Lodge? Share your experiences!