“Best Place”

Travellers Jungle Camp
Melbourne, Australia
“Best Place”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

The Travellers Jungle Camp is the beautiful place for Tourists. We have been there for several times. Everything was excellent affordable price with lots of facilities food was so good with good service, staffs were friendly & helpful. Totally clean outside the garden is so good. We can't wait to go back again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarmila8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Helsingborg, Sweden
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for five nights and were very happy both with the room and with the help from the staff. The staff were all very friendly and concerned that we were enjoying our stay. It was raining during some of our days here and they were very flexible when we wanted to change the time/days for the jeepsafari and elephantwalk we had booked. They also helped us arrange our bustrip to kakarbitta.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2014

amazing place to visit with all the facilities provided. had a wonderful experience on Nepal with Jungle Travellers camp. a very good service with amazing variety of food and entertainment. comfortable and homely accommodations with a touch of fresh nature.
it is the best place to visit and an unforgettable moments for life. thanks.

Room Tip: all amazing conditions with best service and entertainment provided
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shilpi D
Crema
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We enjoyed our short stay at Travellers Jungle camp. Great garden and location (right in the centre of Sauraha). They just bought a lovely elephant that is living in the backyard and is really friendly.
You would maybe expect a bit more for a deluxe room in terms of cleanness and room equipment. However considering the price (15$ per night) is a great value!
The manager arranged a safari for us for the whole day, the guide (Som) was really nice and cheerful and we spent a good long day with him and the driver, the only suggestion I can make is that he can provide more information about animals, ecology, plants, however if you are not too interested in this stuff it's more than enough!

Room Tip: Choose a room far from the generator (it's at the entrance of the hotel). Choose a deluxe room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Carlobetto
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I found these guys in the lonely planet and booked a package deal with them.
I had £350 stolen from my room. They did not follow the tourist police process they should have done - gave me no offer of help and instead suggested I had lost it when in the town. Consequently I have no police report in order to claim back on my insurance

As a female on my own I also received unwanted attention from my guide (who had zero respect for the animals in their natural environment and tried to approach a rhino he didn't know on foot) - he seemed to have the impression that as I was a female travelling on my own I needed a nepalese man in my bed. I've dealt with stuff like that before but it was hard to escape during my package although I considered it. I also did not participate in the elephant activities in the park.

Unfortunately today the elephant activities in chitwan are all based around what tourists seem to want - 'elephant bathtime' consisted of the elephants being dragging by their ears into the water and hit until they sprayed water over the ignorant tourists who had climbed on their back. Awful awful scenes to witness. The treatment of elephants at chitwan seems now to be geared to tourism rather than care for the animals themselves.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
8 Thank 442londoner
Cordoba, Spain
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Wonderful stay in Travellers Jungle Camp...Friendly manager always worried about costumers.
They have their own elephants living in the hotel!
The rooms are clean and comfortable. Very quiet,perfect to relax.
Speedy Gonzalez

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I found them in Lonely Planet and then chose them based on their website which I was told when i arrived "is out of date." I picked this placed based on a description of a package of room, meal and tours in to the park. I could not get a straight answer as to what my options were compared to the "package" which other guests had and they seemed to have a lot more options than I knew about for side trips and options and of course it was impossible to determine valued without knowing what the options were. They need a written list describing a 2 day or 3 day "package" vs choosing options. I didn't really need to go to the folk dance presentation which was part of the package. I had no hot water and knew that one other guest said the same but some rooms the hot water was working fine. When I told them about it, it was fixed by my next shower. Food was not particularly good. This may be another reason to not choose "the package."

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sauraha
Jungle Safari Lodge
#6 of 31 in Sauraha
Sapana Village Lodge
Sapana Village Lodge
#1 of 26 in Sauraha

Been to Travellers Jungle Camp? Share your experiences!