My wife and I spent two nights here as part of our wedding anniversary trip this year. The resort is much like the other Hyatt resorts that I have stayed at. This one focuses on the Pueblo culture for décor and architecture. The room was nice and clean, and we had a private balcony with table and two chairs looking out at the Sandia Mountains. The bell staff and concierge staff was helpful and courteous.
We were disappointed because the primo restaurant, the Corn Maiden. is only open on weekends and not the Monday/Tuesday we were there. We did eat one night at their other restaurant and the food was good and the wait staff helpful and attentive. My wife had a massage at the spa and enjoyed it. She also took a short hike on their well marked hiking trail.
We didn’t see many people there and never had to wait for anything. Based on conversations with the staff, the business there is down due to the economy. However, they put on a good front and are soldiering on.
Overall, there are not that many things to do there compared to some of the Hyatt Resorts, but if a nice quiet getaway is your goal it is more than adequate for that. My wife thought the hotel was “dark” in its ambiance, but it didn’t seem that way to me -- just a typical Hyatt Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 550 acres of the Native American Santa Ana Pueblo between the legendary Rio Grand River and Sandia Mountains, Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa is the perfect home base to explore Santa Fe and Albuquerque, New Mexico. At Tamaya, you can relax and enjoy the stunning Southwestern beauty, splash in one of our three sparkling pools, indulge yourself at the award-winning Tamaya Mist Spa & Salon, hit the links at the championship Twin Warriors golf course, or take a horseback ride on a rescue horse at the Stables at Tamaya. We also offer incredible indoor and outdoor meeting venues that are sure to inspire any group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Hotel Santa Ana Pueblo
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Santa Ana Pueblo
- Hyatt Bernalillo
- Tamaya Resort
- Bernalillo Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa New Mexico/Santa Ana Pueblo