Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa
GardenInn.com
$62
$65
2,111 results
All reviewscorn maidenrio grandehorseback ridingsandia mountainsnew mexicoadult poolwalking trailssanta fehorse stablestrading postbusiness conferenceself parkinghigh desertbeautiful propertyrooms are nicehot tubfire pit
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Loved the location, food, people, and weather.
Nice location about 40 minutes from Albuqueque airport and same distance from Sante Fe.
Lots to do with activities, cooking, wild life, hiking, biking, pools, horses, balloons, etc.
Staff was especially nice.
Very little to do outside of the hotel but a few good restaurants and a casino.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Kathleen M, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Kelly G:
Location, location, location--no I'm not a real estate agent, but I agree with you that this is key for the Hyatt Tamaya resort.

We are about halfway between ABQ and Santa Fe, giving lots of options. Albuquerque has resturants, museums, Sandia Peak Tram and Santa Fe for it's art galleries, historic churches/buidlings, and culture.

Since we're located on a 500 acre Pueblo, I agree that there is not allot just outside the resort, but we have tons to do on-site, and within a short driving distance. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We spent our last 3 days of Spring Break here with our 2 daughters, ages 13 and 8. All of us simply loved the Hyatt. As my wife says, "Hyatt never disappoints!". The service was spectacular. Our daughters enjoyed all of the following activities:

Smores at the fire pit, with Native American storytelling
GPS scavenger hunt (wear your walking shoes!)
Regular scavenger hunt
Water Slide
Hotel provided bucket list for "things to do" during your stay
Native American dance and bread making

We dined at all of the restaurants on property, as the location is a bit remote to go elsewhere and we were having so much fun enjoying the hotel. The Prime Rib buffet at the Cafe was fantastic for our steak loving daughters. Our one low point was our dinner at the Corn Maiden. While our service was impeccable, all 4 of our meals were overcooked. We ordered venison, filet mignon, and lamb all medium-rare, and none were cooked less than medium. My venison was actually well done, and my wife said it tasted like liver. Her scallops were also overcooked. The menu looks fantastic, but the execution needs a lot of work to catch up to the service.

We all went horseback riding at the Stables, and our guides were incredibly nice. It was a bit windy on our ride, so without being asked, they called for a truck to come meet us with warm jackets for everyone. The views of the mountains during the ride were spectacular.

We stayed in a King Suite, which was very spacious with a great view. The spa was also excellent, as we all enjoyed our massages.

This is a true destination resort, with a plethora of family activities and fun for the whole family.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

SPRING BREAK rules at Tamaya! I'm so happy that you and your girls loved the resort for their spring break.

We pride outselves in being a family friendly resort with lots of options like geocaching scavenger hunt, cultural activities, water slid, horseback riding. And it looks like you enjoyed lots of what we have to offer. Good for you!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed here recently at 500acre property as they said.
Adobe architecture is just awesome away from city hustle bustle. Gives you time for yourself where you can experience the mist spa. Gym is of decent size and with good equipments.
Lobby decor is beautiful.
The bar in the lobby has good drinks but poor food. Nothing tasted good.

Staff is very helpful and courteous. Me and my husband checked in a room after a very long and tiring drive. We thought we will take a short nap and will go out for a stroll and then dinner. But since the rooms are not sound proof and since we did get a room under the room where kids were staying, we couldn't sleep and ended up wide awake and headache due to noise from children screaming and running which was pretty loud.
I asked them for a higher floor but we were given 2nd floor during reservation. Later on I requested them and they did move us to a better room.
I booked mountain vista. View was just breathtaking. In the morning mist was in our balcony.
Room itself is not very updated. The linen was worn off. They didn't have fitted sheets just a flat sheet which was not tucked properly so kept coming out.
Valet, concierge, front desk staff all were very helpful.
hotel itself the property just gives you evry possible taste and character of New Mexico.
Corn madien food is extraordinary but slightly on higher end but still you do get what you pay for.

Tip for people going to santa fe downtown:
You have to be careful what you pay for and how authentic is the item you are getting. The store Silver coyote on old Santa Fe trail near plaza I DONT recommend. The guy is very intimidating and abusive if you don't buy stuff from him. I overheard him racial abusing customers. It threw me off the guard what to do.

Otherwise the downtown is beautiful. I would want to go there again to the city and enjoy the museum, galleries, jewllery store and adobe architecture again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simone T

Dear Simone T:
Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I apologize for areas of service downfall that you pointed out. I believe we have excellent customer service, with a culturally significant architecture, amenitites, and setting. I'm glad that they were able to move you to a quieter room as well.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We enjoyed walking and biking (you can rent a bike for free) there. We loved environment. If you love nature, it would be a good place to stay.

Services were okay. Room was not cleaned on the 2nd day, and restaurant took 2 hours until main dish was served (manager said it was a crazy night, and obviously all customers got free dinner at that night. And unfortunately food was not good.).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Kathleen M, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

I'm thrilled that you took a bike ride and walked the nature trail. I believe we have exceptional physical beauty & surroundings to enjoy here at the Hyatt Tamaya. I apologize for your experience with the restaurant and housekeeping. Please feel free to contact me kathleen.manicke@hyatt.com if you'd like to speak further.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The taxi ride from the airport was $74. I'd advise renting a car. The rooms are clean and nice. April or May might be a better time to visit. March is a little cold. Too cold to enjoy the lovely pools. The spa is pricy but great services. The resort is pretty far out. You need a car to go off property. Great activities are available for kids. Very family friendly.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ViviCharlotte_NC_USA

I am glad that you agree Hyatt Tamaya is very family friendly—I couldn’t agree more. I’m sorry that the weather didn’t cooperate when you were here. Oh, the unpredictable spring season! There are some other transportation options available, and we’re close to a train line. Concierge can help you get around a bit more easily next time you visit (and I sincerely hope you can come back again). Thanks for your review.