This is one of the most most unique hotel properties that I've had the opportunity to visit. The Hyatt Tamaya is located about 35 minutes from the ABQ airport. To say that it is tucked back from most civilization would be an understatement as it is located on the Santa Ana Pueblo reservation in the foothills of the Santa Ana Mountain range.
My five day stay was part of a business conference. The accommodations were quite nice and themed to the Indian motif of the entire hotel. The property is visually striking ... both from inside and outside and materials used to construct the exceedingly well maintained property were first class.
Conference food (always a challenge feeding a couple hundred people en mass) was FAR above the norm for conference food. My litmus test? If it were a sit down meal and I was paying the table, would the food and service past muster? For EVERY meal during my stay, the answer was an enthusiastic yes.
I didn't visit the Spa, but understand from others that the facilities and staff were first rate. I did visit the hotel gym a couple of times and found it well equipped, exceedingly clean and ALL equipment was 100% functional (rare for most hotels). I'm also a runner and was delighted with the rustic running path that also ran beside the Rio Grande River (which is located about 3/4 of a mile on the backside of the hotel property).
I enjoyed my stay immensely and even after five days was sorry to leave.
Remember - you get what you pay for. This is not an inexpensive property, but I considered it a value for the dollar given all factors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 550 acres of the Native American Santa Ana Pueblo between the legendary Rio Grand River and Sandia Mountains, Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa is the perfect home base to explore Santa Fe and Albuquerque, New Mexico. At Tamaya, you can relax and enjoy the stunning Southwestern beauty, splash in one of our three sparkling pools, indulge yourself at the award-winning Tamaya Mist Spa & Salon, hit the links at the championship Twin Warriors golf course, or take a horseback ride on a rescue horse at the Stables at Tamaya. We also offer incredible indoor and outdoor meeting venues that are sure to inspire any group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Hotel Santa Ana Pueblo
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Santa Ana Pueblo
- Hyatt Bernalillo
- Tamaya Resort
- Bernalillo Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa New Mexico/Santa Ana Pueblo