This is one of the most most unique hotel properties that I've had the opportunity to visit. The Hyatt Tamaya is located about 35 minutes from the ABQ airport. To say that it is tucked back from most civilization would be an understatement as it is located on the Santa Ana Pueblo reservation in the foothills of the Santa Ana Mountain range.
My five day stay was part of a business conference. The accommodations were quite nice and themed to the Indian motif of the entire hotel. The property is visually striking ... both from inside and outside and materials used to construct the exceedingly well maintained property were first class.
Conference food (always a challenge feeding a couple hundred people en mass) was FAR above the norm for conference food. My litmus test? If it were a sit down meal and I was paying the table, would the food and service past muster? For EVERY meal during my stay, the answer was an enthusiastic yes.
I didn't visit the Spa, but understand from others that the facilities and staff were first rate. I did visit the hotel gym a couple of times and found it well equipped, exceedingly clean and ALL equipment was 100% functional (rare for most hotels). I'm also a runner and was delighted with the rustic running path that also ran beside the Rio Grande River (which is located about 3/4 of a mile on the backside of the hotel property).
I enjoyed my stay immensely and even after five days was sorry to leave.
Remember - you get what you pay for. This is not an inexpensive property, but I considered it a value for the dollar given all factors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique pueblo design with 350 guestrooms arranged in two wings connected by open air courtyards, providing convenient access to pools, gardens, restaurants, and other facilities. Most room opens to a private patio or balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Hotel Santa Ana Pueblo
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Santa Ana Pueblo
- Hyatt Bernalillo
- Tamaya Resort
- Bernalillo Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa New Mexico/Santa Ana Pueblo