“Winter Break at Hyatt Tamaya, New Mexico”

Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Piedmont, California
“Winter Break at Hyatt Tamaya, New Mexico”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My middle-school daughter and I stayed a week at the Hyatt in Feb. First the customer service was tremendous. The food at Corn Maiden was quite good, and the other restaurants decent, with a few stand-outs like tortilla soup, and BBQ. Because it was winter the pools while open, were not used by us, but we did trail rides and spa stuff all of which were really outstanding.
Rooms could use some updating but were ok for us. Golf course was very challenging and well worth playing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jmm12, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted you were able to enjoy several of our Resort's activities and dining options. We are also glad the customer service was to your liking and you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you both with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel/resort numerous times for both business and vacation. You won't find better customer service, from the valet to the registration desk to the concierge. The food in the Corn Maiden is pricey but delicious and the Santa Ana Cafe has great chicken tortilla soup along with a variety of salads, sandwiches, entrees.

The rooms, especially those with a balcony are exceptional - housekeeping is prompt and efficient, and the spa toilitries left daily are great. There is a small refrigeator and coffe pot in the room.

The spa offers numerous treatments, all exceptional.

Room Tip: If you are able to get a room with a view of the mountains, you will love it! If not, ask for a roo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jmm12, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at our Resort! We are thrilled you experienced excellent service and you were able to enjoy our Restaurants, Rooms, and Spa. It gives us great pleasure to take care of our guests and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for your feedback.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our trip out from Albuquerque to Bernalilo last Sunday to savour the varied and tasty breakfast buffet and to stroll around the grounds in warm New Mexico sunshine. Great atmosphere, service and value in a lovely location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jmm12, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and our resort grounds. We hope you can join us again soon!
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

It's all been said before. Incredible property. The views are breathtaking. Only one thing in our room would have helped. That would be more plugs for exectronics. With a couple traveling for business we both needed to plug in laptops,etc and the room was lacking sufficient plugs.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We will look into this matter further. We hope to see you again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was here for a conference and loved the property and hope that I can come back for vacation sometime soon. The atmosphere is SO relaxing. There is a wonderful, calm, friendly vibe about the place. My room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I would describe it as unpretentiously elegant and Southwestern rustic. The staff is friendly and guest service is their top priority. There was only one thing that I did not like - there is a little trading post that sells beverages and snacks and it very inconveniently closes at 6 pm. I wish that it would stay open later - by the time I got out of my meetings, the place was closed. The meeting rooms are great for a medium-sized conference. It was a wonderful experience and I hope that I will be able to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback on your stay, we pride ourselves on our guest service and we are absolutely delighted you found our staff friendly and you were able to relax with us. The next time you stay with us feel free to access any of our other venues including the Santa Ana Cafe and the Rio Grande Lounge for any food or beverages you may need if the Trading Post is not available at the time. We hope to see you again very soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I traveled here from PA on business in late winter and soon realized that the architecture of the resort was causing inner changes in me. Although I have not been to a Pueblo, I felt as if the long hallways with turns and bends supported an inner shift to more purposeful walking, slower paced-walking and feeling more connected to both Mother earth and native people. I didn't expect this especially since I was on business, but the stay broadened me. Please don't let my description of long hallways with turns frighten you, the energy of this place was totally nurturing and very safe.
Ameneties were wonderful and the room was both spotless and beautiful. Art and artifacts on display were amazing for a hotel. Temps were in the 30's so I didn't get to the outdoor pool ( they keep it heated to 82) but I did walk down to the Rio Grande and they have bikes for guest use and trails to walk or ride. I had dinner from the restaurant in their lower level two nights and felt it was worth what I paid for it. ( I read a review that thought it was overpriced; perhaps I didn't notice because I took my food to my room and didn't purchase any beverages.)
Also, everyone from the bellman to the front desk staff, servers and concierge were all completely service oriented. I am on a special diet, so I brought some food myself since the location of the resort is away from the main road. There are no microwaves in rooms, but front desk folks were very nice about heating my foods that I brought. The rooms have coffee pots and refrigerators.... oh, and wonderful balconies.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jmm12, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had such a wonderful experience and you felt a sense of connection while staying with us. We pride ourselves on our gorgeous surroundings, excellent service, and we hope all our guests experience these same feelings of peace and tranquility. Our resort truly is a very special and welcoming place and we hope to have you stay with us again very soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Golf at great courses ,hike on the lovely grounds ,enjoy the great restaurants on site,experience the friendly service oriented staff and the site is pet friendly.We always feel welcome and our pal Beaumont says its the best.

Room Tip: Any one,but ground floor or the regency club upgrade is well worth it
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted you enjoy so many aspects of our resort and our service is to your liking. You and your pal Beaumont are always welcome and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana Pueblo
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
#19 of 144 in Albuquerque
Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
#28 of 144 in Albuquerque

Been to Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!