“Beautiful property, peaceful and relaxing”

Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was here for a conference and loved the property and hope that I can come back for vacation sometime soon. The atmosphere is SO relaxing. There is a wonderful, calm, friendly vibe about the place. My room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I would describe it as unpretentiously elegant and Southwestern rustic. The staff is friendly and guest service is their top priority. There was only one thing that I did not like - there is a little trading post that sells beverages and snacks and it very inconveniently closes at 6 pm. I wish that it would stay open later - by the time I got out of my meetings, the place was closed. The meeting rooms are great for a medium-sized conference. It was a wonderful experience and I hope that I will be able to go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
jmm12, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your stay, we pride ourselves on our guest service and we are absolutely delighted you found our staff friendly and you were able to relax with us. The next time you stay with us feel free to access any of our other venues including the Santa Ana Cafe and the Rio Grande Lounge for any food or beverages you may need if the Trading Post is not available at the time. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I traveled here from PA on business in late winter and soon realized that the architecture of the resort was causing inner changes in me. Although I have not been to a Pueblo, I felt as if the long hallways with turns and bends supported an inner shift to more purposeful walking, slower paced-walking and feeling more connected to both Mother earth and native people. I didn't expect this especially since I was on business, but the stay broadened me. Please don't let my description of long hallways with turns frighten you, the energy of this place was totally nurturing and very safe.
Ameneties were wonderful and the room was both spotless and beautiful. Art and artifacts on display were amazing for a hotel. Temps were in the 30's so I didn't get to the outdoor pool ( they keep it heated to 82) but I did walk down to the Rio Grande and they have bikes for guest use and trails to walk or ride. I had dinner from the restaurant in their lower level two nights and felt it was worth what I paid for it. ( I read a review that thought it was overpriced; perhaps I didn't notice because I took my food to my room and didn't purchase any beverages.)
Also, everyone from the bellman to the front desk staff, servers and concierge were all completely service oriented. I am on a special diet, so I brought some food myself since the location of the resort is away from the main road. There are no microwaves in rooms, but front desk folks were very nice about heating my foods that I brought. The rooms have coffee pots and refrigerators.... oh, and wonderful balconies.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
jmm12, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had such a wonderful experience and you felt a sense of connection while staying with us. We pride ourselves on our gorgeous surroundings, excellent service, and we hope all our guests experience these same feelings of peace and tranquility. Our resort truly is a very special and welcoming place and we hope to have you stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Golf at great courses ,hike on the lovely grounds ,enjoy the great restaurants on site,experience the friendly service oriented staff and the site is pet friendly.We always feel welcome and our pal Beaumont says its the best.

Room Tip: Any one,but ground floor or the regency club upgrade is well worth it
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted you enjoy so many aspects of our resort and our service is to your liking. You and your pal Beaumont are always welcome and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Since this hotel has been nationally ranked, it goes without saying that the rooms are elegant, modern, and spotless. The hotel is nestled into the Santa Ana Pueblo land west of Bernalillo, just north of Albuquerque. The structure blends in very harmoniously with the landscape and upon arriving, there are no signs of the city of Albuquerque or even the small town of Bernalillo. Upon entering, one finds a large lobby whose far wall affords a magnificent view of the Sandia Mountains and the Bosque along the river. We have been here several times and we are always struck by the sense of isolation. Soft flute music flowing throughout the common areas creates a sense of tranquility, making it easy to forget the frantic pressures of daily living and tune in to one's inner self. So, the real question is whether or not you will enjoy your stay. If your goal is to have a restful vacation, reuniting body and spirit, you will not be disappointed. But, if you wish to enjoy the activities of metropolitan Albuquerque, another hotel will be more to your liking. (There is another Hyatt Regency in downtown Albuquerque) Our stay was intended to be a short romantic getaway, and as a result we found the place magnificent.

There is one thing that should he noted. This is a fairly large hotel, but it is not a high rise hotel. As a result, it is spread out over quite a large area and some rooms are quite a way from the lobby. Our room was at the end of a corridor and was over 400 feet from the elevator. Although this caused us no problem, if walking is a challenge, you should ask for a room close-in. I cannot imagine that your request would not be honored.

So, if you are looking for a quiet getaway in a beautiful setting, make this your Walden Pond (although your accommodations will be a significant improvement on Mr. Thoreau's cabin). you won't regret it.

Room Tip: If walking is a challenge, request a room close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
jmm12, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are absolutely delighted you enjoyed a romantic getaway with us and you found our resort to be an escape from the pressures and stress of daily life. We pride ourselves on our tranquil location and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Next time you are with us feel free to request a room in a particular area and if availability permits we would be happy to place you in your preferred area of the hotel. Once again thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Overlooking the Rio Grande and the Sandia Mountains, with spectacular grounds, great spa facilities including heated outdoor pool, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, etc., it is a perfect spot for a serious professional meeting or just a getaway. The staff is outstanding, incredibly helpful and friendly. The rooms are large, comfortable, and well-maintained.

Well, well-maintained except for one thing. Internet access is spotty at best. We started with a junior suite located outside the main hallways in a courtyard. Sounds great, as it was close to the pool and the outdoor hot tub. But as we were attending a business conference, internet access was crucial. I could not get a wireless signal in this area of the hotel. No problem, I could use the wired Ethernet connection instead. No luck! I attached my cable to the Ethernet port built into the desk (nice touch), but nothing happened. So I looked around and discovered that the built-in port was not attached to anything. So I called the front desk and promptly an engineer appeared with a 30 foot Ethernet cable. Turns out that the Ethernet connection was on behind a sofa on the wall opposite the desk! So we ran the cable across the floor and tried again. Still no luck. At this point, the asked if we would like to change to a suite not in an outside courtyard. We did. And, guess what? We had the same configuration in the new junior suite but, this time the wireless worked as did the 30 foot cable strung across the room.

So that problem was solved, but as I moved through the hotel with an IPad or an IPhone, the wireless signal would drop. Also, I would lose my 4G signal intermittently as well. I lived with it. After all, we were not in a metropolis. It was a minor annoyance in an otherwise outstanding venue.

Room Tip: If internet access is important, stay within the heated confines of the hotel. Do not take a room w...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. We truly value the feedback our guests share and it is guests like you who help us to continually improve our services. We are thrilled you enjoyed our grounds and you found our service to be prompt and friendly. Your experience with our internet services will be looked into further in order to prevent any kind of difficulties in the future. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We loved this hotel. The staff was awesome, their breakfast buffet was fabulous and their restaurants we are great. Their room was beautiful, clean and spacious. We asked for a balcony room. Their concierge was extremely helpful and recommended great restaurants and balloon company. Only negative was the $30 resort fee which was not listed anywhere on their website or expertise and extremely long walk from room to front desk.

Room Tip: Ask fir room closer to desk.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ctwhisper
jmm12, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed the restaurants as well as our service. Included in the $23.00 Resort fee is our Guest Room Internet, Fitness Center, Resort Recreation Facilities including the pools, Admission to our Cultural Learning Center, Spa Access, Bottled water, Seasonal cultural events, shuttle service to Twin Warriors Golf Club, Santa Ana Golf Club, and Santa Ana Star Casino, and Self- Parking, among many other amenities. We hope you will join us again in the future!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed at this resort while traveling with my two dogs as I drove cross country. Bell service was great as the parking lot is a little distance from the resort. Beautiful pool and golf course. Very nice welcome gift for my dogs. I would love to return when the weather is warmer to enjoy the pool. Excellent room service.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank NMtraveler81
jmm12, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

We appreciate you sharing your experience! We are delighted you enjoyed our surroundings, service, and your dogs had a pleasant stay with us as well. We hope all three of you will join us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana Pueblo
Hotel Chaco
#1 of 143 in Albuquerque
Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
#25 of 143 in Albuquerque

Been to Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!