“Tamaya is a special place”

Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, TX
“Tamaya is a special place”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We just left the Hyatt Tamaya after a five night stay, and our visit was wonderful. I want to acknowledge Hyatt for offering guests such a beautiful and peaceful retreat. The staff was kind, attentive and helpful. The facilities are top notch, and the Regency Club experience was excellent. Respect for the American Indian culture is very apparent, and the decision to separate the casino was a smart one.
There are some nice trails through the woods, and one suggestion would be to find a way to add more trails. We are trail runners, and both times we have run out of space. The hotel worked with us to offer vegetarian and gluten-free options, and they were very understanding.
This was our second visit, and we’ll be back again in the future. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank longtimeresident
jmm12, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa! We are thrilled that this was your second visit to Tamaya and are happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities, regency club and beautiful and peaceful surroundings. We pride ourselves in utilizing feedback like yours to keep our guests happy during future stays, so thank you for sharing your experience. We hope that you will join us again the next time you are in New Mexico!

Jena Marquez
Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Never could have anticipated the beauty and tranquility of this awesome resort! The fall colors, the cool nights and mild days blended into a hypnotic effect I want to experience again. The hotel is so accomodating and friendly. The food is to die for. The golf just blew me away. I can't help but rave about this place. The view of the Sandia mountains make a perfect backdrop for the Santa Ana Pueblo Indian land which is home for this resort. Hiking, biking and horseback trails wind thru the mountains and trees. Three swimming pools, a water slide, and a huge hot tub. At night there is a casino next door with valet transportation. Can't say enough about this place. Got to be one of the most romatic destinations in the US!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Home, Indiana USA
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I recently traveled with my husband on a business trip, and this resort was our destination. I cannot say enough positive things about the Tamaya Resort. The long, winding road leading from the main road to the hotel feels as if you are leaving one world and entering another. From the parking attendant to the desk clerk to the bartender to the housekeeping staff, the service here was impeccable! The views from the lobby area and verandah, as well as from the patio in our room, were beautiful and peaceful. The room was a bit small for a resort of this caliber, but it was clean and well decorated. The food in both the on site restaurant and the conference center was delicious and well prepared. As Jose, the parking shuttle driver, told me: "My grandfather taught me that this is the 'Land of mañana' "; no one is in a hurry, the pace is slower here, and I could feel my blood pressure reducing. This is truly a lovely place, and I hope to be able to return someday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2012

After driving from Central Texas for the hot air balloon festival (which was cancelled our 3 attempts to go), the Hyatt Tamaya saved our vacation. The views were wonderful, the service fantastic and plenty to do for the kids. My only complaint was that our room was close to the lobby and was loud at night.

Room Tip: Do not book close to lobby.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jwen66
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I decided to pamper myself with a stay here and I just can't say enough good things about this hotel and the whole experience from the moment I walked in until the moment I checked out!

Top notch, total class, fun, beautiful......excellent staff, fabulous food, great view, perfect room.....I could go on and on.

Check-in was fast and efficient. About 1/2 hour later I came downstairs and when I walked past the desk the young lady who checked me in said hello and called me by name! I couldn't believe she actually remembered my name from the brief contact during check-in. That alone was impressive. She made me feel like I was important, not just another guest...even though I wasn't anyone special.

My room was beautiful! It was the Mountain Vista King. It had a lovely balcony with a table and two chairs, and a magnificent view of the mountains. I was on the second floor so I left the balcony door open (it has a screen) and could feel the lovely breeze all night. It was very quiet and peaceful, as the hotel is way off the road, so you can just enjoy the view without disturbance from any traffic noise.

Just for fun, I decided to order room service for dinner and it was a great decision! The food was out of this world, presented beautifully, hot and absolutely fabulous.

The hardest thing about this experience was having to leave...I could have lived there forever!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get the Mountain Vista King with the balcony! It's so worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Aileen J
Quispamsis
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We went to the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort for thier Sunday Brunch, Awesome, the service and the food was Fantastic. Our server Wilbur made our dining experice enjoyable. He had his hands full, serving the 12 of us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kentucky
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Lovely hotel with good amenities and the friendliest staff I've encountered in quite a while. We reserved a mountain view room which was worth the extra price because we were able to sleep with the doors open (had a screen door) and listen to the coyote's howl at night!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Uptown
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
#18 of 144 in Albuquerque

Been to Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!