Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa
$114
$104
$226
$100
Comfort Inn & Suites North(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$73
ComfortInn
$109
$103
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

2,134 results
All reviewscorn maidenrio grandehorseback ridingsandia mountainsnew mexicoadult poolwalking trailssanta fehorse stablestrading postbusiness conferenceself parkinghigh desertbeautiful propertyrooms are nicehot tubfire pit
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We did not like this place at all and would not recommend. Overpriced, Disneyfied, faux-New Mexico, resort. Service was poor. Arrived at 3pm, kept waiting for room until 4pm ("4pm is our guaranteed check in time"), even at 4pm, no Regency Club Room, which I had paid for, was ready, so they put us elsewhere. Regency Club no big deal, not worth the extra money. Valet staff not helpful with shuttle to Casino - very frustrating - and they were quite rude. I don't really understand why anyone would choose to stay here, unless it was free. Bottom line - very poor value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DoughB0Y
jmm12, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

We are truly sorry you were disappointed with the service you received at our resort. Guest service is our number one priority and we regret that you were not provided with the accommodations you expected or the service you deserve. We would like to ask you to please call the resort and request to speak to our front office manager to learn more about your stay so we can address these issues. Respectfully, Jena Marquez - Public Relations Manager

Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

This is more than a place to stay... It truly is a place to refresh the body and mind. I attended a conference and was taken back by the well-appointed decoration in honor of the local tribes. The grounds are beautiful and easily accessible for walking, running or just enjoying nature. The staff was very gracious and the polls are great for swimmers of all ages. The spa offers several not to be missed specials and the icing on the experience is the star-filled night, Native American activities and celebratons. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2012

Thanks Princesitaazteca! We look forward to having you back at our special resort. Next time you visit, please consider taking one of our guided tour of our art collection and hotel décor or our tour of our Cultural Museum that reviews the history of the Tamayame people from the Pueblo of Santa Ana. Thank you for your wonderful comments. Sincerely, Jena Marquez - Public Relations Manager

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I combined business and pleasure at Tamaya this week. We've stayed at several resorts in New Mexico and this is the best. The food was an updated version of traditional NM cuisine. Room service was prompt and hot as well as delicious. Rooms were comfortable and clean with great views of the mountains and bisque. The spa was awesome. Even though there was a large group there, due to the way the hotel is constructed we never felt crowded. The golf at Twin Warriors is world class. Though there is no need to leave Tamaya, it is a short drive to Albuquerque where there are many attractions including Old Town, great bike trails, museums and shopping. Above all was the friendliness of the staff. I travel every month for business and I've never met a staff that appeared to love their jobs more and truly were glad you were visiting .

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate all your wonderful comments on our resort and friendly staff! Please come visit us again for another getaway very soon. Warm regards, Jena Marquez - Public Relations Manager

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed here for one night for a business trip. The hotel was set in the mountains in a very beautiful setting. The beds were comfortable. Room service was prompt. My only complaint was not being able to get cell reception in my room. I would like to go back on a vacation sometime and stay longer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comment Leki! We are addressing the cell phone service and should have it corrected very soon. We look forward to having you return to Tamaya when you can spend more time with us to enjoy and experience all the amenities the resort has to offer. We hope to see you soon. Sincerely, Jena Marquez - Public Relations Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed for three nights at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya in June of 2012 for business

Overall this is a very nice property, it has a unique Southwest feel to the resort, and is spacious with great views of the surrounding desertscapes and comfortable appointments in both the common areas and the rooms

Highlights
My room was just a standard room, no suites were available when I reserved or checked in, but it's a spacious room, with a nice desk area, and a very nice private balcony patio with comfortable resort seating.

Pools
there are several pools, including one with a large waterside that was popular with families. You can get cabana's, and poolside service from the poolside restaurant and bar. The guacamole was amazing, and the beers were reasonably priced for a resort. They also have some pool chaises with sun screens, almost like a bimini top for a boat, that were interesting, a little strange to look at, but welcomed due to the sun.

Golf
The Twin Warriors golf course is adjacent to the property, and is fantastic. It is in amazing shape, and is beautiful to play. Tough as hell with all the desert hazards, but a very nice course, with great staff.

Spa
I didn't use the spa, but a colleague raved about it, so I recommend it anecdotally.

Bar
The main bar is great, good staff, wide selection of spirits and beers, and a decent bar menu, including the largest order of Nacho's I've ever seen. Prices are what you'd expect from a resort, but I didn't feel unfairly gouged. Great scotch selection, great vodka selection....their bartender needs to understand there is a Bourbon revolution, and folks expect more than Jack Daniels and Makers mark. Overall though, great bar experience.

Lowlights:
Wireless Internet.....ever heard of it?
There is free wireless in the lobby, offered in the coffee bar/gift shop area. Thank God for that. There is no wireless in the room, and wired is available, but I use a Macbook Air and an iPad, because I'm not a dinosaur....and as a result, no internet in my room. Had I been able to connect via a wire (as if it were 1999), there was a daily fee. I still don't understand why a hotel that charges a healthy daily rate, PLUS a $20 Resort Fee can't give me free wireless internet when every crappy LaQuinta and Fairfield Inn on the planet has figured it out. Note to Management at all nice hotels--Quit screwing us on the Internet access

Bathroom is dated
The bathroom is where the hotel room shows a little age. The sink area didn't have a convenient area for me to hang my travel kit, or have a shelf above the sink as most hotels do now for me to place toiletries. So the counter felt small and cramped. The tub/shower design is standard for a hotel from the late 80's to 90's, step in tub, single shower head, etc. Perfectly adequate, but not what I expect from a "four-star" resort in today's world. A freestanding shower, ideally with natural stone or marble, is what you see today.

The Walk.....
Having not stayed here before, I didn't realize how far some rooms are from the lobby. In some cases, you would have to walk down a hallway, then dogleg, then another hallway, then dogleg, then another hallway, then go out a door, walk by a few outside rooms, then go in another door, and walk down yet another hallway, and then be at your room. Seriously, the place is laid out like one long building, with the Lobby at one end. Thank God I wasn't at the far end, but it was still nearly a 5 minute walk from my room to the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as close to the Lobby as possible, or you could be in for a really, really long walk
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback from your recent stay at Tamaya!

We greatly appreciate your highlight notes regarding the pool atmosphere, your golf experience, and the spa recommendation. We were sorry to hear that you had problems with wireless connectivity as this is a service we provide in our guest rooms and is included in our resort fee. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the bathrooms – we will use this when planning our next renovation.

We hope that you have an opportunity to return for a leisure visit that would provide you more time to enjoy our horseback riding, weekly rodeos, spa, nature trails and cultural activities. We look forward to having you back!

Jena Marquez