Lake Front Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
El Lago Waters Resort(The Entrance)
$99
$66
$120
$86
Hotels.com
  • Fitness center
Ocean Front Motel(The Entrance)(Great Value!)
$131
$127
Hotwire.com
Sapphire Palms Motel(The Entrance)
$68
$61
Agoda.com
Pullman Magenta Shores Resort(Magenta)(Great Value!)
$133
$129
Pullman
  • Beachfront
Ibis Styles The Entrance(The Entrance)(Great Value!)
$74
TripAdvisor
Jetty Motel(The Entrance)(Great Value!)
$88
$78
Trip.com
Buccaneer Motel(Long Jetty)
$83
$63
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The title says it all.

Starting with the negatives. The single beds in our room had foam mattresses and not inner springs, so they were very uncomfortable when an adult had to sleep on one. Our room was closest to the road so there was a bit of noise, but not so much that we couldn't sleep. It looks like the rooms hadn't had a cent spent on them since the 60's - the decor and furniture is very dated.

On the plus side. The owner/manager was very friendly and helpful with all our requests, including a last minute request for a late checkout (at no extra cost). The rooms were clean and had all the things that we needed for a cheap overnight stay (kettle, toaster, plates, cutlery, TV/DVD).

Would we stay there again, probably not. It is not that there is anything wrong with the motel - particularly when you are only paying $140 for a family room for the night, it is just that I think next time we would spend a few extra dollars to find something that was a bit more comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DJS1963
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is definately a budget accomadation. Having said that, you get a clean room and caring managment for your dollar. My biggest problem with the accomadation is the paper thin walls. My wife and I were kept awake till 230am due to the people in the room next to us talking all night. We asked them to be quiet but had a very response in return. I don't blame the management at all for the noise, but due to the thin walls I wont be back there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frostee65
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I find it hard to write a review on this motel. I certainly don't want to be unfairly hard on the owner who appears to be trying to do a good job and to some extent he's succeeding. If you compare it with city level motels it rates about one star. I suppose if you take all the city level motels out of the comparison and compare it with just rural motels it might make it to 3 stars, primarily on the basis of being neat, clean and tidy with friendly management.
This is a small motel a couple of kilometres north of the town centre of The Entrance. By the decor I would think it was build in the 1960's and at that time probably looked quite good and would have been at the upper end of the "country" motels. However, we are no longer in the 1960's and the motel still has what appears to be the original decor throughout which has never been updated; while a major refurbishment isn't warranted, it could really do with the following:
- new pillows, there's almost nothing left in the old ones,
- new sheets, the current ones are as thin as thin can be,
- check the air-conditioner in room 11, and if you get it to work first time then leave better instructions on its operation.
The rooms are small but then that's not a major problem. We were unable to get the air-conditioner to work. The rooms are noisy after about 0700hr because it's right on the main Central Coast Highway so trucks and cars prohibit sleeping in, even on Sundays.
Parking is very tight but then there's nothing you can do about that other than enforce residents parking in their designated area.
I noted that the "luxury suite" priced out at something over $300 per night. I wish I had the opportunity to see that suite, it must be absolutely outstanding given that you can stay at a Sheraton hotel for that price.
Check the rooms out first and decide if that's really where you want to stay.

Would I stay there again? Probably not, as I like something a bit more upmarket; certainly not if any of my family was with me.

Room Tip: As far from the highway as possible
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Alex C
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I, and 2 friends stayed in this motel for the second time while visiting the area. The reception welcome was great, the rooms were well equipped (tea making, iron, toaster, multi-channel TV, etc) the room decorations are lovely, and the breakfast is huge! Considring the location, the facilities, the value for money, and the welcome, I can only give this motel a "highly recommended".

(Dr Laurie Le Claire, stayed 27.11.12 with friends = 2 rooms)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank DrLaurie123
Reviewed November 4, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds