All reviews view of the lake hot tub toboggan hill banquet hall staff were amazing wedding bonfire fireplace cabin weekend summer
Selected filters
Reviewed December 14, 2017

Our daughter and her fiancee held their wedding at Sandy Lane Resort at the end of September. Most of our guests stayed in the cabins and it was a great time! Joachim and his staff were amazing and helpful and very accommodating, enabling them to stay within their wedding budget. Even when we left items behind they agreed to mail them back to us without any hesitation. The beds were comfortable and cabins clean with everything we needed to be comfortable. I would come back for a vacation in the future.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here while snowmobiling in the area and also while on the motorcycle. Very scenic area, the owners are more than accommodating, beautiful view of the lake and a nice beach, if your in the area any time of year is nice at Sandy Lane

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2017

We stayed at Sandy Lane Resort Feb 25-27. This was following the record high temperatures we had and a lot of rain. The toboggan hill was still in good shape but the ice rinks were in rough shape, had the weather been better they would have probably been great too. Cabin was rustic but there was hot water, good pressure in the shower and a cozy fire place. The kitchen was good, had all that we needed. Would have been better if the beds were Queens not doubles,but other than that we would stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed February 12, 2017

I have been to Sandy Lane numerous times over the last 15 years. My girlfriends and I use it as a winter weekend retreat, and allow ourselves to be kids again. We have stayed in the cabins, chalets and the alpine and all are clean, welcoming and set up for minimum house duties. The toboggan hill is amazing, the ice rinks are well maintained and there are ski trails not too far away. Since the majority of the visitors are people on snowmobiles, there are no lines, no crowds and no worries about embarrassing ourselves. The owners are great, easy to deal with and very welcoming. I've read that some people complain that the cabins are dated and could use a makeover, but to me, thats part of the charm.
I recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice getaway. So far I've only been there in the winter, but I can only imagine the fun I would have there in the summer!

Room tip: In the winter, the 4 chalet style cabins have their own outdoor hot-tub. This is a wonderful bonus that shouldn't be overlooked!
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Marcia G
Reviewed January 11, 2017

We went for the weekend at the end of the Christmas holiday and had a great time. Kids loved the toboggan hill. Toboggans are free to borrow. There are 2 outdoor ice rinks that were in great shape. Toboggan hill and ice rinks are lit until 11. They also offer cross-country ski rentals but we didn't do that. Sir Sam's ski hill is about 25 minutes away, and we went skiing there on Saturday. Cottages are rustic, but nice and well equipped. Some have outdoor hot tubs and all have wood burning fireplaces and access to all of the cut wood you need.

Date of stay: January 2017