Llansantffraed Court
  • Restaurant
The Angel(Abergavenny)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewscourse taster menucream teaafternoon teacountry housewalled gardentravelzoo offerexecutive roomdead fliesfull welsh breakfastsconesfine diningbeautiful settingvenisonwedding breakfastwhole teamamuse bouchehead chef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Just stayed here for 2 nights inc tasting menu and fantastic experience and good value. Comfy warm rooms (bath more reliable than shower in our room) and staff all friendly and helpful (family run). Breakfast better at 8 than 9 - kept warm for late sleepers. Open fires in lounge and a good chef - pay a visit. You will need a car though.

5  Thank masterchef2
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Myself and my partner recently stayed at llansantffraed court,we had a travellzoo voucher for a seven course tasting menu overnight stay and breakfast. The experience was faultless, the house itself had a lovely old charm and retained the feeling of a grand house, the staff were exceptional, making sure me and my partner had everything we could want and making us feel very welcome indeed.Our room was lovely with a beautiful view of the pond and gardens the bath and shower were also perfect. On arriving for dinner we were taken into the lounge were we sat by a open fire and were served wine and canapés which were lovely, we then were taken into the dining room and served a stunning dinner, with the finest ingredient served perfectly and elegantly on the plate.My partner also requested no seafood and they accomadated him with no problems whatsoever. The breakfast was also lovely , I had the smoked salmon which was very nice and my partner enjoyed the continental breakfast which was all fresh and he was pleased with.In conclusion the stay was very memorable and my favorite aspect were how freindly the staff were and the fact they took pride in their job and seemed to love the house as much as I loved visiting it, please ignore any negative reviews as you would not be disappointed staying here, I will be back soon.Thank You all at llansantffraed court.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank CamxMariaxFrancesca
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday and it was absolutely wonderful. From the afternoon tea, including scones and Welsh cakes with jam and cream, to the incredible 7 course tasting menu, with matching wines, in the evening, the whole experience was great. All the staff were very friendly and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel itself is cosy and relaxed and we were made to feel so comfortable and at home. Our room (15) was on the second floor, up in the eaves, with a nice view out over the lake. I imagine that the rooms on the first floor may be larger but it was perfectly alright for us with a lovely, clean en-suite bathroom. We shall definitely be back!

4  Thank christina o
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Came here in august for my sisters wedding, firstly what a beautiful location and building. We stayed for the weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. The staff were very helpful and they couldn't do enough for me and my family. The room and view was gorgeous. Our evening meal was superb and breakfast was excellent. Not one thing wrong with this hotel. Keep up the good work. Hope to return soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Kkbean123
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our children bought us this weekend package as a 40th Wedding Anniversary present. The Court is a lovely looking building in a beautiful setting with Pen y Fan mountain part of the scenic backdrop. The staff could not have been more friendly and welcoming and we felt that nothing was too much trouble for them. They seem to have anticipated our every need. Our room was extremely comfortable, warm and cosy - the bed too. The breakfasts were amazing and the evening meals delicious. My only criticism would be the lack of green vegetables. Coffee and petit fours in front of the log fire in the lounge rounded off the day. Our last evening saw a horrendous gale cause a local electricity cut. The staff beavered away lighting candles, preparing snacks and doing their utmost to plan an alternative feasible menu whilst contacting the local Electricity Board to obtain updates on their re-connection attempts. When the electricity was eventually restored around 9pm, the staff worked extremely hard to ensure everyone had their full evening meal. This meant they were all working well past their normal hours. We learnt the following morning that another local hotel had cancelled all their bookings, so full marks to Llansantffraed Court. We had a thoroughly enjoyable time and would not hesitate to recommend this venue. Indeed, we hope to return next spring with all the family to experience a 'Llansantffraed Afternoon Tea'.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake.
2  Thank Meryl D