All reviews water buffalo farm animals vietnam trip amazing place close to nature food and drinks after a long day amazing staff amazing food morning view refreshing pool private balcony beautiful resort wooden bungalows makes you feel view over the lake dry season
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Nyugen shack Phong Nga as a family of 2 adults and 2 kids, 7& 9. Staff were extremely helpful providing advice about the local area, which included not just tours but places we could visit ourselves. It was really refreshing not to have tours pushed on to us. Staff were great with the kids too. Food was excellent and rooms were basic but quant.

The local area had so much to explore, many caves and activities. With help from the stack we hired motorbikes to explore the area. Found a great spring to swim in and caves. Duck stop was lots of fun, as well as The pub with child beer.

Phong nha was definitely worth a visit. Nguyen shack was perfect spot and a pool the end of a hot day.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2019 via mobile

Excellent place to stay the staff are so friendly.The animals are everywhere. The food is so nice and the cooking class with Tu has been one of the best parts of our holiday.
The trip to the market walks massage therapist were all exceptional.
If you are looking for a great holiday with local people this is awesome. Highly highly recommend

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in Nguyen shack for four nights in June 2019. We extended our stay an extra night as we loved it so much! If you are an animal person you will adore this place. I still miss the puppies (Mylo, Leo, Macy and Lily). You wake up in the wilderness but I loved that it was so different to our other stays in Vietnam and I definitely think it was one of the highlights. The only downside is the huts do absorb a lot of heat so our accommodation did get quite hot during the day but it wasn't an issue as we were out exploring everyday. The temperature at night was completely tolerable and there was AC as well as a fan. The pool was amazing; so big and I loved how it was shaped like a boat!! I also adored the hammocks at the pool for chilling in the sun. The best part of our stay here was the staff. Hands down the nicest staff of any of the places we stayed in during our 3.5 weeks in Vietnam..and that's saying something! They honestly treat you like family, every time we returned after a day of exploring they were so happy to see us and so interested in how our day I went. They even upgraded our accomm free of charge for the last two nights!! Thank you everyone at Nguyen shack, you guys are amazing!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 3 nights during our visit to Phong Nha. Where to start! The accommodation itself was excellent, we booked a double room that included air conditioning and a private balcony. The resort was peaceful and we slept very well each night. The staff were absolutely amazing, they really couldn’t do enough for us and were so friendly and welcoming; we felt at home straight away. Whilst there we did a day trip trekking and caving with the company ‘Oxalis’ which is a must do, the resort was able to book all of this for us with ease. We ate in the resort restaurant every night instead of getting a taxi into town and the food was delicious. One of the nights was my birthday and the staff realised this from my passport details and without being asked brought me a personalised birthday cake at the end of our meal! The best part about this resort for me was the animals they keep including ducks, pigs, geese, cats and kittens and dogs and puppies. The animals are very well looked after and the puppies very playful and cuddly! The staff also took care of booking our bus for our next stop which was very helpful. If staying in Phong Nha I couldn’t recommend this place more!

Reviewed July 17, 2019

We came to Vietnam for a family visit. Our first stop was the Nguyen Shack. From the moment we arrived we felt like family was welcoming us <3. The living space was wonderful with views of nature and the comforts of home. The food was also great. With four of us eating we tried so many things and they were all delish! The staff made touring around easy with arranging for a taxi or renting is motorbikes (we did both). We even enjoyed the pool despite the rain. I would highly recommend the shack!

• Trip type: Traveled with family