Xinalani Retreat
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotelito Mio(Cabo Corrientes)
$328
Agoda.com
$78
$48
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$271
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$352
$324
  • Pool
Costa Sur Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$111
$338
$284
Bookit.com
Hotel Playa Fiesta(Puerto Vallarta)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotels.com
All reviewsopen airpuerto vallartaget awayocean waveswater taxieach morningcan't wait to go backamazing foodeach mealan adventurekeep in mindmosquito netboat ridebeautiful placeoff the beaten pathfalling asleeprecommend this place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2013

As a solo traveler, I was searching for a place that would allow me both solitude and the opportunity to commune with nature and with others. Xinalani was a perfect paradise. I lounged on the beach, read and wrote in my journal and had fabulous conversations with other yogis and travelers. From the moment I stepped off the plane, I was appropriately tended to, first by the guides at the airport, to the taxi driver, the boatman and the staff who carried my bags from the beach to reception. Every detail was addressed. Arturo and his staff provided phenomenal, personalized service throughout my stay. I was in awe that all the staff knew not only everyone's names, but each individual's dietary restrictions. Being gluten and dairy intolerant can be challenging, but the Chef and Arturo ensured that the food was divine (safe to eat), and beautifully prepared with thoughtful presentations.
The view, the beach, the rooms were spectacular and personally I loved the stairs. I came with the expectation of many stairs, jungle noises and open air bedrooms and bathrooms. I enjoyed the yoga and left in better shape than I arrived, thanks to the many stairs and the solid local yoga teachers. I showered with a frog and laughed at the antics of the crabs.
The spa services were lovely and I luxuriated under the skilled touch of the practitioners and reveled in the ocean breezes.
There were many possible excursions, though I didn't participate in any, other than a trip to Puerto Vallarta for shopping, which I highly recommend. Surfing, swimming with dolphins, jungle hikes and zip lining are all available.
I made good friends in my short stay there with whom I have stayed in touch, and I eagerly await my return trip to this Mexican paradise, Xinalani.
Thanks for all that you do!

Room Tip: I appreciated the privacy of my own room. it was worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Just got back from this amazing retreat and had a wonderful time with new friends. I have done a lot of travel, most recently 6 months in SE Asia and I must say that I have never had such wonderful service. The staff at Xinalani are incredible - so helpful and friendly and always willing to serve with a smile - nothing is too much to ask, and often you don't even have to ask because they anticipate your needs. The service outshines the Four Seasons.

The experience at Xinalani is very intimate. There is a maximum of 30 guests. You have the beach to yourselves, walk through the jungle to your room and it really feels like you're away from it all.

The food is outstanding. The jungle yoga studio is pure bliss and there is nothing bad to say about the place.

I can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: Chose the eco chic or a petite suite - but all of the rooms are nice!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ross b
Reviewed November 3, 2013

What an incredible experience. I spent two weeks here for an advanced yoga teacher training intensive and the staff was amazing. The food was always fantastic, the rooms were phenomenal (who needs four walls when you've got an ocean to look out at?!).

The downfalls? STAIRS. Oh my god, STAIRS. SO MANY STAIRS. Also, if you're considering coming for a retreat and thinking about the Big Palapa, be warned - everyone from our group who stayed in the Big Palapa wished they'd forked out the little bit extra cash to share a room with only one other. The beds are twins up there, it was hot (it was June), and there's only two bathrooms for 8 people. Not a lot of storage space for your bags, either.

I can't thank the staff enough for their hospitality - especially Arturo!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs - the jungle is LOUD at night!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Elizabeth P
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just spent one week at Xinalani and can confirm that this is one amazing place. It is so accessible but it feels like a million miles away. From the moment we got on the boat, every detail was taken care of. Arturo and his team went out of their way to make sure we are well cared for and able to achieve total relaxation. For those that are interested, there are great excursions available- hiking, snorkeling, biking, surfing etc. and they are all very well done. Or you can just sit at the beach in lounge chairs, swim in the warm ocean or go to the spa for a great massage. There are a lot of stairs but most people here are healthy and capable. The yoga facilities are second to none and the food is fresh, healthy and delicious. The rooms are simple but clean and have a nice minimalist style to them. If you like what you see on their website then you will love Xinalani.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This place is a true gem. It is absolutely beautiful, and surrounded by nature. You get three delicious healthy meals served every day you are there. You can kayak and snorkel for free, and through the resort, you can get special deals on other day excursions. You Have to go to Xinalani!

Room Tip: Bring sunscreen and bugspray
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple