“IDEAL CHEAP LUNCH”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
“IDEAL CHEAP LUNCH”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a £6 lunch which I had to say was very good indeed. We had freshly cooked fish & chips followed by cheese cake. They said they serve this menu Monday to Wednesday lunch times. It's a bit of a drive for us but we enjoyed it and think they deserve to do well as I understand they haven't been there long.

• Visited October 2013

Herefordshire
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just celebrated my birthday twice at The Bateman Arms - first, sunday lunch with family, staff could not have been more helpful and accomodating especially as we had three children under 4 years with us. Food was fantastic. Second, meal with friends on a busy Saturday night but again service and food were great. Huge improvement and great to have our village pub back again!

2 Thank MRSJR1977
Stoke - on - Trent
“Massive Improvement”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I first tried The Bateman some 3 years ago and I was rather abruptly told that they didn't serve food until later - " Go and try somewhere else ". Following this and having talked to the locals I discovered that The Bateman had a rather mixed reputation. Recently I heard on the grapevine that it was now under new ownership so I thought we would give it another try - I took my wife and parents for an evening meal and was really very pleasantly surprised. The menu was interesting with some old favourites and some tempting offerings and the service was friendly and professional. We had 3 soups and 1 whitebait to start which were superb and 2 Pie and Mash, 1 Lasagna and the Rib eye to follow. The Lasagne and Rib eye were very good and the pies were excellent but the mash wasn't as hot as it could have been and just OK in flavour. That said overall it was a very good meal at a decent price and hopefully this new team will put Shobdon back on the gastro map. I/we will all definitely go again. The beers were also excellent and they serve a very nice Sauvignon Blanc. Well worth a visit.

1 Thank NudeMan
Hereford, United Kingdom
“A revelation!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

In a very short time Tracy and her team have done an amazing job here. The layout, decoration and atmosphere have been dramatically changed for the better, and it now a place where you would want to eat. The menu is carefully planned and the food and service are excellent. It is a pleasure to see this lovely old building taking on a new lease of life.

1 Thank Flower_golf
“Second visit”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Had to go back and try after the first visit this time 7 of us went for an evening meal which I can only explain as first class !!! We all had steak which was perfect !! Will deffinetly be going back again