“Country flavours”

The Cider Barn
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Pembridge
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Cider Barn is a 450 year-old Grade II listed oak beam and truss framed barn. Sophie, the chef patron, serves a full a la carte menu which changes weekly depending on what produce is in season and at its best. As she says, "I believe in using seasonal and locally sourced ingredients of the best available quality to produce contemporary, hearty and unpretentious food which is full of flavour"
Reviewed June 28, 2014

On our second visit to this resturant we were not disappointed, the waiting staff were brilliant, friendly yet very professional. The food was once again excellent as was the choice, coming from London we are used to excellent food and service but this in my opinion is up to the standard that we have learned to expect. It is not cheap but we feel it is well worth the money. Please give it a try ,I don't think you will be disappointed . JPW Hereford

1  Thank JPWHereford

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I had been informed that this beautiful restaurant had re-opened recently. My husband, our small dog and I drove out to have a spot of lunch.
We were warmly greeted by the staff and absolutely blown away by the beauty of the inside of this lovely barn.
Our little well behaved dog was permitted inside which is wonderful news.
Sarah the waitress was extremely friendly and chatty. I liked the gesture of a jug of water already on the table without having to ask for one.
The ingredients are locally sourced where possible, and the wine list is impressive.
My husband and I were delighted with the lunch, the menu was great and our selections very tasty indeed.
This restaurant would be lovely to hold a celebration for family and friends because it is in a fantastic rural location with plenty of room inside.
Sophie is a great chef who deserves to have plenty of customers frequenting her utterly gorgeous barn.
Go and visit soon you will be enchanted.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We received a warm welcome and a great service all the way through the evening. The food was delicious and well presented and the atmosphere and surroundings, very comfortable. The Resturant is situated in our beautiful herefordshire countryside and so it only leaves me to say that it's a ' Must Visit'.

1  Thank sarahmargaret d
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This place is an absolute gem.

We had lunch on a Saturday; a lovely experience from start to finish. We hadn't booked and it was fine, but I think as word gets around it will become necessary to make a reservation. It had only been open just over a week apparently at the time we visited.

The location is idyllic, the building is indeed a beautiful old cider barn and is gorgeously decorated in a kind of rustic way. There are lots of nice touches and attention to detail; wild flowers on the tables and carafes of water brought to the table. Everything is spotless, including the loos.

The lady waiting on us was lovely. She provided friendly, knowledgable and efficient service, which was non-intrusive - just right.

We each had a main and pudding, the starters looked great but we wanted to be sure to have room for pud! This was a good call as the portions are generous. Every mouthful of food was exquisite, the best I've had in a very long time and the best ever in Herefordshire. Words cannot describe how perfectly cooked and delicious everything was. My partner had a lamb main and cheesecake pud, I had a sea bass main and the lightest, yummiest doughnuts with lemon curd to dunk them in for dessert.

Our bill was about £55 for two mains, two puds, two 500ml bottles of organic (7% vol!) cider and a glass of apple juice made on site at Dunkertons plus a very good, two cup caffetiere of coffee. It was worth every penny. All the produce is locally sourced - well the fish was from Cornwall but hey, it's a land-locked county ;o)

We could not find fault with any aspect of The Cider Barn. We will most certainly be going again - and I can't wait!

1  Thank Wellychic