“Magical”

Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Pembridge
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is my second visit to Ye Olde Steppes, My first was a delight for food, coffee and service my second was just as perfect

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We found this beautiful place and sadly only managed to go there twice in four days and more unfortunately only had cakes and tea... but what a treat they were. The cheese scone was like nothing I've ever tasted, so light and delicious! You would think all tea cakes taste the same, but here it was scrumptious! The welcome you get is the warmest I've ever had, felt like I was welcomed by an old friend.
Loved this place, this is how tea shops should be, we can't wait to go back!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We asked Gary at The Olde Steppe if we could take over his tea rooms for a lunch time as we were staying locally in Eardisland.

He prepared the most beautiful lunch of salads, gorgeous and original sandwiches and warm canapés. This was followed by the largest Victoria sponge I have ever seen, a coffee and walnut cake, stunning cupcake for the children and to top it off three huge platters of assorted freshly backed scones, warm with jams and clotted cream. Divine!

The atmosphere and staff were just amazing and everything was just perfect after a wet and boggy walk!

We had visited twice previously, and will definitely be back when we are back in the area.

The shop is worth a look around too, with some beautiful gifts on display!

Thank you so much for a fantastic afternoon - just delightful

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We only live ten minutes away yet it took friends to show us what was on the doorstep! Booked for a light lunch which was first class. Very busy even on a day of atrocious weather - a testament to the good reviews. It has great atmosphere, just like a tearoom of a bygone age, and the shop is very well stocked. Could not resist taking away some of the home made cake - worth every penny. Will be back again soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

As a village shop this does what is expected and so much more. Staying locally for a holiday I was able to order my daily papers on line before arrival and the shop well stocked with local high quality food at fair prices. While great range of local ciders and beers stocked some local wines would be a good addition.
The attached tea rooms were always busy with a wide range of superb home made cakes.