“food excellent, service slow”
Review of Ye Olde Steppes

Ye Olde Steppes
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Pembridge
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The tea rooms are attached to a shop which sells most village store items. The food is excellent but we found the furniture outside a little uncomfortable and the service very slow. would recommend as when the food arrived it was very tasty.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have now visited this lovely tea shop on two occasions and plan many more visits in the future as I intend to work my way through their wonderful and delicious repertoire of cakes!

I loved the decor and the china as well as the menu, and the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. The sweetshop was a bonus, as I was able to buy my husband some coconut mushrooms, which are getting increasingly difficult to find! Yet another reason to return!

It is the quintessential English tea room, and I half expect to see Miss Marple sitting by the window eating a tea cake when next I visit.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Well worth a visit but unfortunately the steps will be a problem for some. That aside it is a rare find not to be missed. The shop is like an Aladdins Cave and covers the day to day needs of the village of Pembridge and its visitors. The tea shop is a real gem. The attached photo of an open prawn sandwich and a pork pie ploughmans says it all.
The staff are a real asset to the business making everyone so welcome.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This is everything that is good about old English tradition and memory lane.
It's just a gem - you are taken away from modern times in to an atmosphere of charm and good food.
Lovely village and even more lovely tea room.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a lovely place!
It looks pretty and interesting, it's a shop, a sweet shop, a tea room and a restaurant... And doubtless I have missed something out!
The staff were so enthusiastic and pleasant they are a credit to the business.
There is an extensive choice of tea's which was interesting and the pot would provide at least 4 cups! There was also a good choice of coffee and I think they served wine too.
The food was delicious with ample choice and a good variety from soup and sandwiches to cheese on toast to home made quiche and a fabulous looking pork pie ploughman's lunch.
The atmosphere was lovely with a 1940/50's feel and music.
It certainly deserves its trip advisor ratings.
When we return to Pembridge we will certainly return, but I think we'll have a cream tea next time because it will certainly be good!
Highly recommended.