“Pleasant hospitality, warm comfortable rooms, spacious bathrooms.”

Best Western Plus Hunter Gateway
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rutherford
“Pleasant hospitality, warm comfortable rooms, spacious bathrooms.”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Once again we have been looked after at the Mecure @ Maitland. There was no problem with last minute arrangements for our large group that were attending the Lovedale long Lunch, the office ladies were more than helpful and also directed us on local services and dining facilities. Everyone was more than pleased with breaky and the large clean dining room was great to catch up with our friends before we headed back home. Thankyou once again to Sharon and Rena and the lovely chef that kept checking on our breaky to see if we were all well fed. See you all again soon hopefully.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kassamack
RenaT_23, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hunter Gateway, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Kassamack,
It was a joy to host your group during May this year.
We are pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your stay and breakfast with us the following day.
Our guest feedback is very important to us at Mercure Maitland and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay.
Looking forward to seeing you all again for Lovedale Long Lunch next year.

Kind Regards,

Sharon Davidson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Penrith, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight and it was fabulous! Spacious showers, easy to find location and customer service was fantastic. For the cost the room was suitable. We took advantage of the buffet breakfast the morning of check out and it was delicious. Definitely use again when In the area

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

1 Thank Tina L
RenaT_23, Manager at Best Western Plus Hunter Gateway, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Tina L
Thank you for your wonderful review on your stay with us. I will pass this on to my staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2014

There is not enough space here to express our disappointment. Thin walls! had to listen to the person next door talking on the phone till 2am. Staines on the bedding and soft furniture. Yuk.

Rude staff, No Service. i Thought Mecure was an up market place to stay. I was very much mistaken.
How many stars is this place?

On a positive note, They always seem to have rooms available. If you need a place to crash and don't care much for anything but a place to sleep and willing to pay a premium. Then this is the place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Happy T
RenaT_23, Manager at Best Western Plus Hunter Gateway, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Happy T, I was shocked to read your comments regarding your stay with us. I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations and I would really like the opportunity to discuss your stay issues in person. At Mercure Maitland we strive to provide superior service for every customer and your feedback is important to us.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Sincerely
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My partner and I attended the Groovin the Moo festival and stayed here as everywhere else was booked out. It was really expensive for one night - I have paid less in the heart of Sydney CBD for a Saturday night, but due to the festival prices were inflated. We were happy with our choice.

Pros
- they had rooms available
- staff were nice when I spoke to them over the phone
- rooms were neat and nothing had grime or dirt on it
- Nice shower and bathroom
- Great sleep quality (once I removed the hairs.. read below)

Cons
- my pillow and side of the bed had small black hairs. I was really unhappy about this - I was lucky I brought my own pillow!
- there was also a previous guests hair tie on the floor. I know I am just being picky now but I really don't like strangers hair being everywhere.
-rooms were shoe-box sized
- I wanted to go for a swim but the pool didn't open til 9am and we had to leave the hotel soon after
- Not the hotels fault, but we couldn't get a parking spot in the hotel after the festival. This was the main draw card when we booked the hotel, but people attending the festivals obviously had taken up more than one spot. It was really frustrating to not be able to park our car and unload our luggage near our hotel room. I wish the hotel had a better way to monitor the cars parked there and how many spots are taken up by each room number. I would not have booked if I knew we were unable to park there.

TIP: Ladies, bring a conditioner. The one supplied by the hotel is not good, its a "conditioning shampoo" ... I checked and as far as I could see, the only difference between this conditioning shampoo and the body wash is the addition of glycerine. Left my hair tangled and knotty for the rest of my weekend away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RenaT_23, Manager at Best Western Plus Hunter Gateway, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Hello Jody, thankyou for your review on your stay with us over the Groovin the Moo weekend.
I am very concerned about comments regarding the state of your room, under no circumstances is this acceptable. Can you please contact me either via phone on 02 4937 7999 or email: rena.taylor@mercuremaitland.com.au so that I may the appropriate measure to ensure all our rooms are up to standard.

Regards
Mercure Maitland
Bathurst, Australia
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Friends and I had a couple of nights here on the weekend.. The room was clean and beds comfortable.
Close to food and petrol station.
Absolutely cannot fault the staff, they were so helpful. In particular Sharon who made a massive effort in helping us get to where we needed to be!

Would stay again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thankyou for your wonderful review regarding your stay with us over the Groovin the Moo weekend. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will pass on your comments to Sharon.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Cleveland, Australia
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Just stopping for the one night we found this place to be very convenient and easy to find. Close to lots of eateries with a pub right next door...walking distance. Huge room and bathroom, very clean. Reception staff very pleasant and helpful. Would stay here again anytime. Breakfast was included and full buffet style, staff very nice.

Room Tip: I think most rooms would be of equal quality and comfort.