“They close the kitchen at 2pm”

Rose Heritage Cafe and Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The original cafe has been extensively rebuilt with materials sympathetic to the surrounding area, the inside area is modern and cool Incorporating full air conditioning. The coffee and food is renowned as some of the best in Perth. The outside area now incorporates a large seating area overlooking the small valley surrounded by Jarrah trees and teeming with birdlife. It is a pleasure to sit there in the quiet of the afternoon as the sun sets behind you and watch the beautiful colours on display as the sun settles, and listen to the birds singing their last song of the day. This peaceful tranquillity in such a beautiful setting has to be experienced As part of the renovations the original heritage roses have been carefully removed and preserved and will be replanted in Spring So bear with us as our new gardens start to mature.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

It was disappointing that when we arrived at 1.45pm we were told that we couldn't order lunch as the kitchen closes at 2pm. They weren't even prepared to make us sandwiches which wouldn't have taken any longer than preparing a cream tea!

Anyway although my guests were disappointed but hungry, we ordered cheesecake and cream teas. The scones were huge and I struggled to finish both scones. The lemon and ginger tea I ordered was delicious. My guests enjoyed their scones and mango cheesecake. I would recommend that one cream tea is shared between 2 people as it would be ample and you will save money....

It was nice afterwards to wander through the rose gardens and my visitors from Canada were impressed, having never seen such a big selection in the one place. We finished off our visit by sitting beside the lake watching the koi and ducks which was very relaxing.

I would visit this place again but would either make a reservation, or go at 11am to look at the roses and koi first.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had one of their sandwiches and it was excellent. The chicken, bacon and aubergine was a good mix. They had just watered some of the gardens so a wonderful opportunity for some great photos too. Loved it.....

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Our family had made a reservation a week prior for a birthday lunch. Upon arrival, my elderly grandmother was told (very rudely) by the manager, that there was nothing under the name and that they were only going to go by what they had written down. Luckily it was quiet and we were able to push together a few tables. The food that came out was nice enough but no where near worth the amount charged. ($26 for the fish of the day that was a very small portion and came with a couple of olives, cherry tomatoes but nothing else) Throughout our meal we could hear the woman who had first served us, loudly yelling at other staff members and even a customer who asked for a clean spoon! This was regularly followed by her furiously banging a bell when ever there was food to be taken out. The icing on the cake was the large cockroach that ran across the middle of out table as we were eating.
The only enjoyable part of the experience was the lovely gardens.

2  Thank Rs1510
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I went for lunch, the coffees came out immediately, but the meals took much longer,my wife had a platter which was quite good, however,my caesar salad was terrible,there was mainly lettuce with creamy mayonnaise, one or two tiny pieces of bacon and some slices of toasted bread, no cheese,no anchovies and no flavour.

1  Thank brandy18australia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Turned up for lunch, without a booking, in a group of 20 people which did cause a bit of a queue to build up for ordering food. However the staff were cheerful & very helpfully made a note of our individual names, as we ordered, rather than just working from the table numbers. I had the the Antipasto Scones plate, $15, which was an absolutely superb meal; two huge warm cheese scones with masses of yummy bits including feta, cheddar, olives, articoke hearts, sun dried tomato, pickles, olive oil and balsamic dip (it could have easily done two people). They also do very good coffee. The cakes also looked great but after the scones a cake would have been seriously greedy! Everyone in the group was impressed by the quality, quantity and price of the food.