All reviews cheese platter farmers markets peaceful retreat huge spa bath stayed longer breakfast was delicious fawkes house coach house kalamunda cottage hammocks hosts accommodation perth
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

Spent a nice relaxing weekend away with my wife in the coach house and what a little gem it was. It’s just like being in your own piece of the country so peaceful with the beautiful gardens surrounding it as well as your own discreet patio. Secluded yet so close to the local winery’s, the Kalamunda farmers markets and Masonmill gardens. After a nice peaceful sleep we were treating to the most amazing breakfast the food was superb definitely wouldn’t hesitate to come back again for a weekend away or longer to get away from the hustle and bustle of life.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2018

We stayed in the Coach House which was quiet and had its own secluded patio. We liked to wander around the grounds where we were able to see the most wonderful birds and flowers. Our room was clean, bedding and linen perfect. Breakfast delicious, homemade mayonnaise and poached eggs perfect and everything locally sourced. Our hosts, Richard and Caroline, were very knowledgeable and could could point us in the right direction for the excellent local wineries and restaurants. Thanks for a lovely stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Thank you for making our 25’th wedding anniversary extra special. We really enjoyed our stay here- the accommodation was cosy and comfortable. The food was fantastic - we had a delicious welcome platter with home made scones and port, amazing home cooked dinner and a scrumptious breakfast - we certainly didn’t starve!! Our hosts: Caroline and Richard were very welcoming and friendly, the location is idyllic. Wish we could have stayed longer!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2018

Needed to stay in Kalamunda overnight for work appointments. Area has a number of bed and breakfasts and booked the first available with good review. Turned out to be a brilliant choice. Fawkes House has only two small on-bedroom cottages which are well appointed and more like luxury hotel suites. The location in incredible tranquill and the gardens are well maintained. The owner/operators are warm and welcoming. The breakfast menu is extensive especially considering the small number of guests. I reckon a week at Fawkes House each year to recharge will add years to your life.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2018

This was my return trip to Fawkes House having stayed 2 years ago also. I returned to the Coach House as I love the secluded nature of it...you truly feel like you are in your own serenity. You can relax in the hammock in the garden or within your room or gardens. This is my time for ‘me’ and it again met all expectations.

The home cooking is amazing and very nutritious. The wine provided beautiful and they ensure you have wine that is suited to your tastes.

The massage, facial and body wrap were all lovely with lovely ladies performing the treatments who were happy to chat or stay quiet whatever the wishes at the time. The room isn’t a high end spa but there really is no need.....I don’t feel you come to Fawkes house for the treatments but they are a very good added bonus!

The only thing I noticed when I got home was that the anti pasta lunch on the Sunday schedule was omitted....hopefully I can enjoy this on my return trip...hopefully not too far away!

Room tip: No wifi in coach house but good to get a digital break anyway!
Date of stay: February 2018