Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

from $59.00
from $82.00
from $117.00
3,268 results
All reviews snake path cable car walk up dead sea roman siege herod's palace by foot mountain top king herod amazing site audio guide food court committed suicide mass suicide visitor center bring water breathtaking views
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This place is a must for all tourists. I recommend getting up at four in the morning and walking up . Just watch the sun come up and you will remember it for the rest of your life.
Not much up there except for roman ruins. Take water with you.IMPORTANT!
Take the cable lift down or walk. Well worth a visit and the hostel nearby is not too bad!

Date of experience: September 2010
Reviewed August 10, 2011

A must see with amazing history. For anyone who is in shape, the path isn't as "hard" as people make it out to be. If not in shape, consider the cable car especially in the summer sun. Definitely suggest a hat and water!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

These are amazing ruins in an extraordinary setting and incredible history. This site should not be missed.

We did not climb up, we took the cable car. It does get hot up there, so as others say, arrive early if you want to hike it and bring water in any case.

Date of experience: June 2011
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Beautiful site, well preserved, very organized.
The story of Masada is very interesting for teens, my kids
enjoyed the movie and with the background we gave them
they were very into the visit.
My husband and my 14 years old took the snake trail up;
not recommended for the Summer months unless you start it at 7am.
They made it to the top but said it was very difficult.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

I went up Masada around 7:30AM a few weeks ago. Don't go any later, it gets very hot. We brought some pre-teens with us that don't usually enjoy athletic endeavors. They made it but it was some work. Don't forget your water bottle!

More about Mosada and the rest of my trip on my blog: http://www.extrapoints.us/israel-trip.