“Amazing place”
Review of La Dame De The

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lirac
La Dame De The
Ranked #1 of 2 Lirac B&B and Inns
Paris
“Amazing place”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had such a great time in this place. Lirac is a small, colorful and authentic village of the Provence area. Walking in this village is like jumping between the impressionists' paintings. And staying at 'La Dame De The' is like staying in an impressionist painting :))))
This place is very old, at least 400 years old, yet entirely remade to provide all the necessary vacation spoiling (There weren't many dukes with a hot swimming pool available all year - yet the breakfast is a king's breakfast).
In this small chateau I ate like a king, slept like a king and relaxed like a king - next year I'll come again for sure - like a king!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bernard L

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This breathtaking stone building with its sparkling pool and garden is the loveliest place I have stayed in ten years of international travel. Everything is arranged to imagine what will give pleasure to the guest - your eye falls on a book by the author of the room you are staying in (George Sand, Colette, et. al;); your immaculate robe is just where you will need it after your perfect bath; each lamp and desk is period and unique. The breakfast is lavish, but not as lavish as the welcome your hostess, Monique, will offer you. The entire house and garden exude her personality -- warm, attentive, truly understanding the art of receiving people and making them feel their every need has been considered. At the same time you feel your time entirely your own and your privacy is complete. The tiny village is a jewel, and you will come away feeling that another world and another era have washed modernity away. La Dame de Thé is not to be missed.

Room Tip: Larger rooms upstairs for families, can accommodate children easily. Charming smaller rooms for one...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Emily B
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel is an amazing old house, the garden wonderful with a smaller cooling pool. The only problem is that there is no restaurant in Lirac. The only remark was at breakfast we recieved a giant fruitcake for breakfast. It was really good, but I prefer a standard french breakfast with baguette.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PeterS_Stockholm
Europe
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We spent three wonderful days at La Dame De The and from the moment I stepped through the gate I was wowed. The welcome, the house, the garden and the breakfast...all were faultless. I wasn't looking to give marks I was just aware that I was completely comfortable, relaxed and in beautiful surroundings. Monique, the owner loves her home and that was evident in every aspect of our stay. Her talents are inspirational, from her baking to her wood sculpting - It was just one plus after another - and she is so friendly and lovely to speak with. While I enthused over the rooms, the furniture, the decor (every single detail was perfect from the embroidered towels to the china and teapots) my husband played the piano in the most beautiful room and the sound just rose up into the high ceilings. I could continue...the cakes, the garden, the service but I think the message is clear - it was a wonderful stay. I keep remembering other things ......all lovely...I feel as if I've left behind a friend.

Room Tip: I can't imagine any of the rooms being a disappointment. I loved every square inch of mine
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank A H
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Monique, the extremely friendly owner, renovated this old house in 2008 and now runs it as a small B&B. Lirac is a very quiet village surrounded by vineyards; while there is not much to see in the village itself it is a good base for visiting Avignon (20 mins), Nimes, Pont du Gard, Arles, Orange etc. The B&B itself is both beautiful and interesting, and is full of antique furniture and interesting objets d'art. The furnishings are of a very high standard (e.g. linen bedsheets) and the overall impression is delightful. Monique is a great cook, and provides a different fruit tart every day for breakfast along with freshly-baked muffins or other cakes, home made jam, and an exhaustive selection of teas (she used to run a tea shop in northern France, hence the name of the house). The guests are also welcome to use a small kitchen equipped with microwave, fridge etc at other times of day, and there is a large stylish sitting room that contains a grand piano as well as numerous tables, board games etc. The garden is not large but contains a swimming pool (note: depth 2m throughout) and sun loungers, so is great for relaxing. In summary, this is one of the best B&B's we have ever stayed in!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Frank186534
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Set in a 17th century castle, this is the most gorgeous, unexpected delight I've ever come across in France. I felt like I was living in "Beauty and the Beast" for the 4 days I was there. Everywhere you looked could be a shot out of Elle Decor. It was stunning and unforgettable. The town of Lirac, where this treasure is located, is silent and beautiful as well. As she is a furniture restorer, everything in the house is ancient and perfect.

The hostess is SO sweet that you feel like you're staying with a friend and not at a bed and breakfast. She went out of her way to make us feel welcome and valued. She has a little cat named Diane that is always strolling around the halls, which I loved petting each day. It was such a peaceful and idyllic respite, with the breeze flowing through chandelier-lit hallways and the smell of flowers wafting in from the gardens (there was more than one garden). There was a pool, which we didn't use, but which looked very nice. There were books everywhere.

The breakfast (included in the price) each morning is different and amazing (she used to own a cake shop and she personally cooks the breakfasts each morning). One morning we had clafoutis aux cerises with almond financiers. Another morning we had orange blossom muffins with a fig tart. Another morning we had a peach tart with chocolate muffins (which were so good that I immediately ate three). Everything was served on china or from a silver platter. She made us homemade fruit smoothies each morning and there was always apricots to eat when hungry.

There is a kitchen facility to make your own food and store your cold drinks, if you so desire. There is also a half-bottle of Tavel in each room, which is a little gift from her, upon arrival.

I generally only stay in 5 star hotels, so for me to say that I loved staying here and that I hated leaving, is a big statement.

I want to redecorate my house exactly like her castle. I want to learn to cook like her. I've learned how to be a better hostess from her - how to welcome my guests and make them feel at home. It was such a pleasant experience that I cannot wait to return to this undiscovered treasure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SheTravelsAndTravels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lirac
Chateau Beaupre Deleuze
#4 of 7 in Saint-Laurent-des-Arbres
Guest House Felisa
Guest House Felisa
#1 of 7 in Saint-Laurent-des-Arbres

Been to La Dame De The? Share your experiences!