“Amazing places on earth ...”
Review of The Frogs' House

The Frogs' House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint-Jeannet
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 17, 2013

if you enjoy biking, hiking, homemade breakfast, wonderful company, first class service, a cosy and typical french village, great surroundings and fantastic views .. you came to the right place.
St Jeannet, Corinne and Boint your hosts will offer you the most amazing place on the Cote d'Azur. We stayed there for a couple of days in mid may and even if it sounds like an often used tag:
The Frog's House .... is simply the best.

Room Tip: if you enjoy views choose a room with balcony .. sensational .. to see a sunrise and sunset over th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hans K
corinne-benoit, Propriétaire at The Frogs' House, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you Hansfor your amazing comments, we feel really touched :) ! and thanks also for the pictures, we like seeing how our guests see our place and the surroundings; now that summer has finally arrived, it looks even more beautifull :)
we'll be happy to see you again and your family,
sincerely

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Such a wonderful and charming place! We were a whole group of people from all over the world and we had the whole place to ourselves! St Jeannet is a lovely little village up in the mountains. It was so great to "hang" in the kitchen area. Super nice and helpful staff.
//The "wedding guests" from Sweden

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
corinne-benoit, Propriétaire at The Frogs' House, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

thank you to the all swedish klan :) we are so glad you all enjoyed your stay in St Jeannet, and your enthusiams was contagious !
All the best to the all family

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at the Frog’s House for three days. Benoit and Corinne were great as were their tours. The view of St. Jeannet and Nice from our balcony room at the Frog's House was spectacular! A wonderful finish to our vacation in Southern France.

Room Tip: High floors with a balcony provide great views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Joel and Carol !
I was very happy to spend that day with you on the perched villages, your life experience was very inspiring. Keep travelling, and enjoy the family time for now !

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Thanks to Benoit and Corrine! We stayed as a family over the May bank holiday weekend and enjoyed every moment of our stay here. I work in hotels and must admit that Benoit was so helpful in the lead up to our stay, that it was the kind of service you would expect from a 5* hotel! He booked us some great restaurants and took us wine tasting too! Couldn't recommend it highly enough for a stay in the south of France. Hopefully see you both soon, Helen, Jack and Family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

it really touches us deeply, especially from someone who knows quite a lot about working in tourism :) We will be happy to see you again, our best regards to the all family too

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The quaint village of Saint Jeannet is truly a unique experience...literally a step back in time. Within a 40minute radius be rail or road you will experience the shopping, history, pebbled beaches, countrysides, glamour and nightlife of Nice, Canne, Monaco, to name a few. Wine estates are in close proximity as is a beginners-level hiking up the two hills surrounding the village. Unfortunately kayaking and rafting is some distance away and seasonal.

Frogs House provided comfortable, clean and reasonable value b&b and your every need is taken care of by the delightful hosts, Corinne and Benoit. Airport transfer was provided by the guesthouse at no extra cost and a lovely guided excursions into Nice was available...however slightly steep in price. Make friends and share stories over breakfast, and if youre lucky, wake up to a vast blanket of cloud beneath your balcony. What a treat!

A perfect stay for

Room Tip: Room with a balcony..worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
corinne-benoit, Propriétaire at The Frogs' House, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

we are very happy you enjoyed your stay at the FrogS'House and in the area, and thanks especially for the very nice comments made about us :)
we wish you lots of very nice trips in the future, best regards to Hash as well,
sincerely

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My time at The Frog's House was awesome ! Hosts Benoit ( who loves to tell a story and a joke or two as well as share his immense knowledge of the region ) and Corrine ( who loves to and is an amazing cook ) are a lovely couple. I spent a week there in April on a yoga retreat ( which was fantastic also but not part of this review ) We took part in a few extras that Benoit and Corrine offer - the walk up the Baou- superb view of Nice and beyond from the top. Also visits to Vence and St Paul de Vence and other villages that were filled with art and rich history and a cooking class with Corrine. All were well worth it..

Room Tip: All rooms seemed comfortable and pretty much similar-maybe different views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

well, the video posted on our facebook page just shows the ambiance we experienced during that week: thanks a lot to the all group, and thanks a lot for those very special moments :)
cheers
Benoit et corinne

Reviewed May 5, 2013

... but that wouldn't be right!

I first went to the Frog's House in January 2012 with a friend for a holiday. I am also a yoga teacher who has been taking groups on yoga and meditation retreats for the last 13 years so even when on holiday there is a part of me always on the look out for a venue for the next retreat. Benoit picked us up in Nice and by the time I was halfway up the hill I was 90 percent sure that the next retreat would be in St Jeannet. The other ten percent was decided the moment I walked into the cosy Frog's House kitchen and met his lovely wife Corinne.

We spent two days touring (a walk up the Baou, visits to Vence and St Paul de Vence) with the very funny, warm and informed Benoit and a day cooking with our calm, talented hostess who can improvise at the drop of a hat. (Someone needs to give her a book deal or a blog or both!).

I loved my stay at the Frog's House. I loved my room with a view of the Baou. I loved our hosts. I loved it all so much I went home and wrote a brochure for a yoga and meditation retreat for my students.

12 of us returned from our week long stay in St Jeannet about 4 days ago and I am ready to go back again. Benoit and Corinne were fantastic and adaptable hosts, guides, chefs, entertainers and support for me and my group of holidaying yogis. Every tour I did with Benoit I can recommend - Nice, the walks in the Baou, Tourettes-sur-Loup, the Alpha Wolf Park in the Mercantour Valley, Vence, St Paul-de-Vence, the goat farm... Many times we took a delicious picnic lunch packed by Corinne (some of the best meals I ate in France were at the Frog's House)...

By luck and chance, I have travelled a lot in my life and my two trips to the Frog's House are stand outs in my travels. I agree with another reviewer who says come for the view (St Jeannet is just beautiful) but stay for the conversations and camaraderie - I have never laughed so hard for so many days running ...

Sara

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Sara,
we've thanked you a thousand times already for bringing such a nice atmosphere into our house, introducing us to your lovely students, for all the attention toward us, but we couldn't not thank you one more time for your amazing review, and we know how tight your schedule is, so we appreciate even more...
We hope to make it back to Australia sometimes and see your "home", and connect even more...you've changed our lives beautifully already
all the best
Benoit et Corinne...et Marco

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Jeannet
Auberge des Gorges du Loup
#2 of 12 in St-Paul-de-Vence
La Fontaine du Peyron
La Fontaine du Peyron
#2 of 2 in Saint-Jeannet

Been to The Frogs' House? Share your experiences!