All reviewsevery morninggoat farmcooking classbreadancient villagecroissantsother guestscharming hostsfeel welcomeyoga retreatlovely experiencefrench rivierarooms are smalllocal producefluent in englishsurrounding areasmall village
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at the Frogs' house for 4 nights in August and thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality of Corinne and Benoit. They certainly go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The breakfast was great with homemade jams and yoghurt! we did the cooking class Corinne gives in her kitchen with our 2 teenage sons and it was great! I am looking forward to making Provencal food at home! The town of Saint Jeannet is quaint and charming! It was a lovely contrast to the bustle of Nice!

Room Tip: Must choose a room with a balcony as you can see the sea from your window!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
corinne-benoit, Propriétaire at The Frogs' House, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Hi Jenny,
thanks again a million time for your kindness and the great spirit you brought into our kitchen :) we're so glad the boys enjoyed the cooking too, hopefully they'll use some of the receipes to cook for you sometimes ;)
All the best to you all,
cheers
Benoit et Corinne

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was the second time (2012) that I visited Corinne et Benoit, see first review from 2010. This time I brought family and we were 6 people occupying all three rooms with balcony and great views on the valley side of the house. Highlights are for sure Corinne's jams (must try courgettes and apricot) and Benoits day trips to hidden places in the mountains. We all visited wild river bath locations with jumps from >8m! A perfect day and a refreshing break after all this heat! Finally they still spread this special spirit in their auberge, giving you a smile every morning and reading wishes from your lips..like a cold beer invite after coming back from the mountains after a 6h trip :-) the frogs house is the perfect choice if you like personal contact to the owners (English, French), if you want to get deeper into French taste and if you like off the track hospitality. St Jeannet offers good cuisine also nowadays..in 2010 that was not so much the case. I recommend 'Le Chantegrill' and the chocolate cake there..delicious! Will come back for more.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with balcony as they show to the valley..
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
corinne-benoit, Propriétaire at The Frogs' House, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

it was a real great pleasure to see you again, and meet a part of your family: I enjoyed soooo much this day with you and the all crew! your enthusiasm and great happiness made me feel the luckiest working guy on earth that day :)
We hope to see you again,
take good care and please share our regards with everybody ;)
Benoit et corinne

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The best place to rest and to have a wonderful panorama all around. The terrace in front of the house is really nice to read a book or to spend some time on the Internet using the free wi-fi available.
Very good hospitality, you feel like at home!

• Stayed: August 2012

Benoit et Corinne

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I booked The Frogs' House through Air BnB and put my review there, but since I always use TA, I'll rate it here too.

My 11-year-old son and I stayed here for four nights, July 8-12, 2012. It was the last stop of a 33 day summer trip through Italy and the Nice area of France. We started at the Hotel du Cap Eden Roc in Cap d'Antibes (and loved it), but, somehow, this was our favorite place of all!

We loved the village of St. Jeannet, we had such fun on day outings (to the goat farm and the river) with Benoit as the guide, we truly felt the warmth and hospitality of the owners, Corinne and Benoit. Also, it seems this place attracts super-nice, easy-going guests, so it was a convivial experience too!

We had dinner in town three nights in two different restaurants. All meals were very good! This being France, the nice outside tables included smokers, so keep that in mind. We tried the inside seating, but with the windows open, the smoke was right there too. So, in the end, I can say that the food was really good! One night, as we were heading to a restaurant for dinner, one couple, also guests at The Frogs' House, were sitting outside, having wine and cheese at one of the patio tables. It was a lovely summer evening, quiet, peaceful. Next time, I'll try that too.

I'd read about the nice breakfasts, and ours were indeed lovely, delicious and leisurely. We ate out on the terrace each day. Corinne's strawberry jam was so amazingly delicious, I bought two jars to take home. Considering that my usual daily breakfast consists of toast and jam, I'm more than a little knowledgeable about jams. Take it from me, Corinne's strawberry jam is the best!!!

Prior to arrival, I booked the transfer service. Benoit picked us up at the St. Laurent du Var train station and dropped us off at Nice Airport. This was a welcome service and worked well for us. We travelled mostly by train during our summer trip, so we were not in the majority of St. Jeannet visitors who arrive by car. I really appreciated having the transfer service as an option, especially since we had luggage.

One day, we took a day trip to Monaco (my son loves cars). We took the train to/from St. Laurent du Var and then a bus from St. Laurent du Var train station to St. Jeannet. The bus driver was a bit wild in his driving technique, but otherwise this was a great system.

The other two days, we booked a day trip, including a picnic lunch, with Benoit as the guide. One was a walking trip down to the river and the other included a visit to a goat farm, candy factory (there were three children and three adults) and the village of Tourrettes. All were highlights of the entire vacation.

The accomodations are comfortable, somewhat basic and very clean. We just felt so comfortable here. The views from the room were beautiful!

We felt sad leaving. Corinne and Benoit have the art of hospitality down pat. They work hard in the preparation, but make it look like the welcome and hospitality are a pleasure for them. We, their guests for this short time, can definitely say that it was a pleasure for us to get to spend time with them and experience The Frogs' House and St. Jeannet. We hope to return and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
corinne-benoit, Propriétaire at The Frogs' House, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you Renée, again and again...
big hug to Asa
Benoit et corinne

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Thanks to Corinne , you where very helpful and made a really good breakfast every morning. The cheese, homemade jam and yoghurt was very good ;-) The room was nice with a faboulus view. (Philomene). We walked up the bau de Saint-Jeannet which is highly recommended. We could see all the way to the italian borderalps. We had the best dinner on our holiday in France at Chante Grill in St Jeanett. Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you Bert for your lovely comment, I feel very happy you enjoyed the breakfasts and especially my jams :) I am busy making some more at the moment, so hopefully there will still be plenty, and maybe new flavours, when you come back!
Take good care