La Fontaine du Peyron(Saint-Jeannet)
Agoda.com
All reviewsevery morninggoat farmcooking classbreadancient villagecroissantsother guestscharming hostsfeel welcomeyoga retreatlovely experiencefrench rivierarooms are smalllocal producefluent in englishsurrounding areasmall village
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I booked The Frogs' House through Air BnB and put my review there, but since I always use TA, I'll rate it here too.

My 11-year-old son and I stayed here for four nights, July 8-12, 2012. It was the last stop of a 33 day summer trip through Italy and the Nice area of France. We started at the Hotel du Cap Eden Roc in Cap d'Antibes (and loved it), but, somehow, this was our favorite place of all!

We loved the village of St. Jeannet, we had such fun on day outings (to the goat farm and the river) with Benoit as the guide, we truly felt the warmth and hospitality of the owners, Corinne and Benoit. Also, it seems this place attracts super-nice, easy-going guests, so it was a convivial experience too!

We had dinner in town three nights in two different restaurants. All meals were very good! This being France, the nice outside tables included smokers, so keep that in mind. We tried the inside seating, but with the windows open, the smoke was right there too. So, in the end, I can say that the food was really good! One night, as we were heading to a restaurant for dinner, one couple, also guests at The Frogs' House, were sitting outside, having wine and cheese at one of the patio tables. It was a lovely summer evening, quiet, peaceful. Next time, I'll try that too.

I'd read about the nice breakfasts, and ours were indeed lovely, delicious and leisurely. We ate out on the terrace each day. Corinne's strawberry jam was so amazingly delicious, I bought two jars to take home. Considering that my usual daily breakfast consists of toast and jam, I'm more than a little knowledgeable about jams. Take it from me, Corinne's strawberry jam is the best!!!

Prior to arrival, I booked the transfer service. Benoit picked us up at the St. Laurent du Var train station and dropped us off at Nice Airport. This was a welcome service and worked well for us. We travelled mostly by train during our summer trip, so we were not in the majority of St. Jeannet visitors who arrive by car. I really appreciated having the transfer service as an option, especially since we had luggage.

One day, we took a day trip to Monaco (my son loves cars). We took the train to/from St. Laurent du Var and then a bus from St. Laurent du Var train station to St. Jeannet. The bus driver was a bit wild in his driving technique, but otherwise this was a great system.

The other two days, we booked a day trip, including a picnic lunch, with Benoit as the guide. One was a walking trip down to the river and the other included a visit to a goat farm, candy factory (there were three children and three adults) and the village of Tourrettes. All were highlights of the entire vacation.

The accomodations are comfortable, somewhat basic and very clean. We just felt so comfortable here. The views from the room were beautiful!

We felt sad leaving. Corinne and Benoit have the art of hospitality down pat. They work hard in the preparation, but make it look like the welcome and hospitality are a pleasure for them. We, their guests for this short time, can definitely say that it was a pleasure for us to get to spend time with them and experience The Frogs' House and St. Jeannet. We hope to return and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
corinne-benoit, Propriétaire at The Frogs' House, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you Renée, again and again...
big hug to Asa

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Thanks to Corinne , you where very helpful and made a really good breakfast every morning. The cheese, homemade jam and yoghurt was very good ;-) The room was nice with a faboulus view. (Philomene). We walked up the bau de Saint-Jeannet which is highly recommended. We could see all the way to the italian borderalps. We had the best dinner on our holiday in France at Chante Grill in St Jeanett. Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you Bert for your lovely comment, I feel very happy you enjoyed the breakfasts and especially my jams :) I am busy making some more at the moment, so hopefully there will still be plenty, and maybe new flavours, when you come back!
Take good care
Corinne & Benoit

Reviewed July 8, 2012

In the heart of delightful St Jeannet, well-meaning hosts offer very small rooms with ikea furniture, dodgy sheets and minute shower cubicles...

Room Tip: All rooms overlooked by neighbours.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarKisGaf

Dear sir
We feel deeply sorry the room didn't filful your expectations, but we still want to thank you for your comments, as it is always a good way for us to improve our services. Our regret is that those comments were not made directly to us, as maybe we could have done something to make your stay more comfortable:
- we have only one bedroom that still remains with a small shower...since we took over the establishment, we do our best to improve year after year the comfort of the house, but unfortunately, it takes time and money, that we don't always have at once. We would have been very happy to offer you another room with a bigger shower if you had asked.
- our linens and sheets are, of course, cleaned after each guests, in a professional laundry. However, it did happen in the past that the products they were using left some marks, that we don't necessarily see. Again, and as suggested in the folders we put in the room, if this remark had been done to us we could have easily explained it and fix it immediately if it was bothering you. In any case there is nothing "dodgy" in the sheets we provide, and this term seems very unfair and exagerated to us.
- as for the comment regarding the fact that our rooms are overlooked by neighbours, we still don't understand it ? First we don't believe you had a chance to try all our rooms to be so affirmative about this statement...plus, our house being a 4 floor house make it very difficult to be overlooked...
We wish you some great traveling epxerience in the future, and if you ever come back to St Jeannet, we'lld our best to provide you with the most suitable room.
Sincerely

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Frog's House was a fairy tale come true! We loved the experience of tiny St. Jeannet. Hosts Benoit and Corinne so gracious and helpful. We were four nights in the Zebulon room. Felt very comfortable and enjoyed the view. Breakfast was satisfying, especially with the cheeses offered. We found it difficult to return to at night from Nice, so be sure of your directions before it gets late.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you Judy and Don for your lovely comment :)
Thank you again for the great "frogs" pictures you had brought to us, we felt very touched. We wish you lots of good travelling in the future, hopefully with a better GPS :) !
Take good care

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I cannot recommend The Frogs' House highly enough. The hosts are amazing and warm, the rooms are adequate, and the property is located in one of the most charming villages ever. Lots of activities. Benoit is soooo knowledgable about everything from food, to wine, to history. Highly recommend Corrine's cooking class. One of my best meals in France. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you Krystal !
we feel very proud, especially the comment about the meal, when we know the places you have been to during your trip in France :) !
Maybe we'll see you next year if you come back for the festival,
take good care