“Great Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Powerboats Diving and Tours - CLOSED

Powerboats Diving and Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome aboard our boat "No Worries". It's a 22 foot, open, centre console powerboat offering a range of activities such as Scuba diving, Snorkeling, and Coastal tours along the west coast of Barbados. Its focuses on carrying small groups looking for a more personal tour, taking a maximum of 6 persons on snorkeling trips and maximum of 4 persons on diving trips.
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had an Awesome time diving the bay and the Stavron Nikita.

Great company and professional operator. Whether you are looking for a tour of the bay, snorkeling with the turtles, or looking to do some certifications through PADI, you're guaranteed a great overall experience.

I would certainly go through Power Boats again and will next time I return to Barbados.

And after the adventure I would recommend enjoying a Cuz's all in one cutter with a Banks beer. Can't be beat :)

Visited June 2012

Colorado Springs
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Awesome Dive and Snorkel Trip with Tristain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Personal attention; excellent equipment; outstanding overall! My family had only a day on Barbados while our cruise ship was in port, and decided to spend it in/on the water. I'm all about bargains, and I initially chose Powerboats because he offered the best price deal -- but after spending the day with Tristain, I'm firmly convinced he has the best deal going, regardless of price! I'm a certified diver; my husband and son are beginners. Tristain was patient and super helpful to both at their (very different) individual comfort levels. He took us to several different sites for snorkeling (our favorite was snorkeling with the sea turtles -- unbelievable and unforgettable!) and diving (there's a great underwater circuit where you can hit 5-6 underwater wrecks in a single dive), and in between we wound up enjoying a beautiful boat ride along the length of the coast of Barbados, where he pointed out what was what among historical sights, expensive houses & restaurants, etc. It was a "no-frills" trip with just the 3 of us, so we were pleasantly surprised when he provided us with fruit drinks & water in between dive sites, but he didn't din us for "extras," delivering exactly what he promised -- and he sent someone to pick us up at the cruise dock and take us back, exactly as promised. He went over the required paperwork and tutorial matters for the beginner divers, but didn't waste a ton of time on it -- just efficient and to-the-point, while keeping safety in mind. His equipment was top-notch, with a big selection of sizes -- impressive, for a small operation. We had such a great time with him that we've decided to try to get back to Barbados specifically to go on another tour with him. I would recommend him to anyone, any ability, any budget. I can be quite picky, but he exceeded all my expectations!

Visited October 2012
europe
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A great day diving– the best in Barbados”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We run a dive center ourselves and were impressed with the on time pick up at the cruise ship dock, great equipment and the best of all a PRIVATE trip for just 2 of us. The dive sites were beyond our expectations. Would dive them again in a heartbeat. Great dive operations for anybody looking for great service, small groups and good price. The dive tip was one of the best ones we had in a long time.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“small but very professional operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I tried to book with one of the other bigger operators (like Eco Dives) on the island but left things too late. By good luck I stumbled across this operation run by Tristain. I needed to do my PADI open water qualifying dives and I had a few friends who were all ready qualified and wanted to dive. Tristain's set-up was perfect for this - he worked around our schedule and we had the boat to ourselves. Tristain operates from a brand new boat and all the gear was well maintained. The instruction as part of the PADI qualifying dives was very professional. Given what we wanted to do ( a group of mixed abilities who wanted to dive together) this was perfect and worked out far cheaper than anything else that other operators were offering. I would highly recommend this for a small group - you will get an experience very tailored to what you want to do at a very reasonable price.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank shovelator
New York City, New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“fantastic scuba diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

During our first visit to Barbados we planned our scuba diving certification dives with Powerboats over the internet. Once we arrived in Barbados we were contacted at our hotel by Tristain King (owner and dive master) who arranged our course dates. We were picked up by the owner himself (small operation) and arrived at our dive site (Carlisle Bay). Tristain explained the diving course material and training before going over the same stuff in shallow water (no pool training). Everything was done according to our speed and Tristain made us feel comfortable in the water. We completed the scuba course and passed over 2 days. Only positive reviews for Tristain and his operation. If you're looking for personal service and training then this is it. We completed the open water certification course in Carlisle Bay while also getting a good look at the wrecks. Definitely looking to go back and dive with powerboats in the near future (and to take his boat out) and see some more of Barbados underwater.

Visited May 2011