“Time for a divine pampering”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spa Di Vine

Spa Di Vine
Ranked #3 of 4 things to do in Waimauku
Orewa, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Time for a divine pampering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I first visited Spa Divine 8 1/2 years ago in preparing for my upcoming wedding.
I have become a regular client booking facials every 6 weeks.
I look forward to each facial knowing that my skin is in the excellent hands of Paula .Since my first visit to Spa Divine my skin has never felt better .You are truly pampered and every care is taken to look after you. I have also enjoyed the body exfoliation, body wraps with beautiful creams which soak into the skin and leave you feeling like velvet.
As a special Christmas treat to ourselves my girlfriends and I enjoyed a half day spa experience ( 6 of us ) we had a fabulous time. We had a list of options to choose from ,making our own experience individual.
Paula presented us with a lovely afternoon tea which we enjoyed outside on the deck overlooking the beautiful scenery, as we were heading off to dinner Paula also applied some Jane Airedale minerals , what a perfect afternoon that was.
I look forward to each appointment knowing that I am looking after myself and my skin.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Debbie123r

New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fabulous spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

My friend and I booked ourselves in for one of the 3 hour packages at spa di vine. Knowing its location, we planned for a brunch out at Coatesville first, with our appointment at 2.30pm (there are plenty of food options in riverhead and kumeu too).
Our first treatment was a full body scrub and grapeseed oil wrap. We were a little taken aback at the cling-film lying on the beds when we first entered the treatment rooms, and it was tricky to roll over in (when going from back treatment to front treatment) but it was otherwise fine. The oil massage was not super firm, but was great for relaxation, rather than a swedish-style massage. this was followed by a face and neck massage which was great. While in the wrap both of us were extremely relaxed, and by the end of it, I could barely feel anything from the neck down.
This was followed by bubbles / tea / juice and the fruit desserts out on the terrace. You are left to relax and are not rushed at all. The fruit was fine (I couldn't detect that it had ever been frozen as per other review). I am also gluten free, so couldn't eat the custard pastry, but the staff said they can get GF if they are advised ahead of time. I had no idea we were even getting food, so the fruit was a bonus anyway. The herbal tea selection and flavour is outstanding and of good quality.
We then had the mini pedicure - not sure what was mini about it, it seemed like a full pedicure to me, with our feet put into peppermint water, then massaged, exfoliated, toenails trimmed and filed, cuticles removed, the nails painted.
The staff were outstanding. What we didn't realise, is that when you book, you are the only people booked in at that time, so the whole place is to yourselves. This is pretty special in itself. The country quiet also adds to this. And I have to mention all the furniture is ridiculously comfortable.
The only negative is the dastardly fountain right outside the treatment rooms. It really is pee-inducing.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank slm99
Matakana, New Zealand
“Well looked after”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband booked myself and a friend into Spa Di Vine as a birthday treat. Having read the one other review my expectations were not great. Turned out we had a lovely afternoon, the staff were very attentive and the treatments were very relaxing. Yes it is out of the way but we made a day trip of it having lunch at the tasting shed on the way to the spa.

Visited December 2013
New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Pleasant enough but ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We purchased the Couples Escape package (three hours) for NZ$489. Spa Di Vine is a good half hour drive from central Auckland. There are no grape vines on the property that I could see or nearby, Matua Valley winery is a couple of kilometres away.

The building, interiors and grounds are pleasant enough.

Upon arrival we were invited to sit in a chlorinated spa pool for twenty minutes with a chilled flute of Lindauer sparkling wine each. The pool looks out upon a lifestyle block idyll with mature lemon trees, behind us on a wall were cheesy friezes of country landscapes.

Next it was time for our joint massages. If the woman who massaged me has a proper massage school qualification I will eat my hat. No, what they do here is a ‘beauty therapist’ type ‘massage’ a.k.a. skin polishing - e.g. they are largely just pushing oil around on your skin.

I’ve not only had numerous massages, but I’ve done a little training myself in Swedish, shiatsu and Thai yoga massage, so I have a rough idea of muscle groups and tension points. If you are coming to Spa Di Vine wanting to melt some of the tension you are carrying in your muscles, I doubt it will happen for you.

If you like it light and superficial, this will suit you just fine.

They seem prudish and determined not to see an inch of boob or bottom. You are moved in your disposable G-string, towelette Velcro sarong and dressing gown to under the covers of the massage table in an awkward dance of clothing removal with them there helping. Other places just suggest what to do and leave the room.

Nor do they want to venture near those areas. The inside of the thigh is persona non grata, as are your gluteus maximus muscles, often a source of tension. Out gluts just got three cursory prods through a covering. Once I flipped over, she did not touch anything south of my décolletage – except legs and arms. Shoulders were inadequately massaged and the back of the neck not at all. There was a dry scalp massage at the end which was pleasant.

The massage was somewhat asymmetrical; as she would ‘massage’ one hand but the other not so much, one ear and the other not at all. Something I was taught was that when you start a massage, you stay with the client keeping the energy circuit going, you don’t break contact. These girls go off for fifteen seconds or so to get more oil I think, so there were many breaks in the continuum. You are left hanging.

Hot towels were applied to remove some of the oil. I forgot to mention that you can choose the scent of the oil; I chose chocolate, really pungent and cloying and not really my scene. Maybe we could have been offered a sniff first.

After this we were lead back to the living room area in our dressing gowns for herbal tea and a pre-frozen fruit salad of golden kiwifruit, pineapple and orange. There was something about biting into a half frozen piece of fruit that made me think of a production line, where they make all of these little dishes in advance and freeze a week’s worth. Anything that’s been frozen has degraded and tends to loose life force and flavour which seems unnecessary to me, so why not make it fresh? There was also a homemade looking pastry cup custardy fruit thing but I am gluten free so didn’t partake.

Next we were back on the tables for a salt and oil body scrub followed by hot towels and an application of body butter - but only to 65% of our body, not to bottom, tummy or inner thigh. We chose feijoa scented oil, it smelt a bit odd – the lady of the house mixes her own oils. I asked what kind of salt they were using; there was a hesitation then one of them said “I think I saw a packet of Himalayan rock salt”.

They seemed like nice people who meant well. We did find it quiet and relaxing (as much due to sensory deprivation as anything else) and it was good to get out of the house. But I woke up the next morning with just as much tension in my neck and shoulders as I had before. Whatever it is they do, it is cosmetic and to me, superficial and personally I expected more given the price point.

Note: I didn’t see them use the words organic, green, eco or sustainability at this business.

Note: Outrage at having to lie in EMFs, they keep an electric blanket ON during the massage.

Note: They have a noisy indoor waterfall. Make sure you take a pee before your massage.

Visited August 2013