“HUGE meals, fast service!!”
Review of Middleton Tavern

Middleton Tavern
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Middleton
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“HUGE meals, fast service!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very impressed, we didn't wait long, schnitzels were MASSIVE, Kids meals were huge with garlic bread, salad bar has a HUGE selection, entres were also a generous size.

Adelaide South Australia
“It's A Basic Pub Meal”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our last visit here was very disappointing. We had been here in the past it it was ok but it was quite poor this time. I had the kangaroo and it was so over done! It was dry and hard to chew! The sauce looked and tasted like it had come out of a bottle or jar so i am guessing it did! The salad bar and hot foods were previously decent but again poor with little choice. It's a busy place and is really just a pub so don't expect fantastic table service. Don't get me wrong the staff are nice and do their job but that's all they are really expected to d I suppose.

• Visited November 2012
outback SA
“Could be better.”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had been here before but last time food was awful and cold,tasted like not fully cooked.They seem like they in ahurry to get you out fast as come to clean/clear tables even before one has finished,will not go back even if they do have a big choice of salad etc to pick from.

Visited September 2012
Hastings, New Zealand
“Hot food please!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We used to live in Goolwa so had eaten here often and returned recently with old friends to find that it was not as good as it used to be. I ordered a soup and the roast and had a unique experience - they were both put before me at the same time. I protested and said that I would like the roast after I had finished the soup. But to no avail - "you've got them now!" The soup was luke warm and, needless to say, the roast was quite cold by the time I had finished the soup. The salad bar did not have as good a choice as the old days (5 years ago) but the hot vegies were hot and nice.

• Visited September 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Fair to middling”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Having dined here on several occasions it was with trepidation that we met friends here for a meal one Monday evening. We were pleased to find the dining experience had improved since our last visit a year or so prior. The schnitzels were huge and there was a good selection of hot vegies and salad at the serve yourself salad bar. There's still room for improvement, my calamari was fairly ordinary. The staff were very friendly and it is a great place to take children for a well priced meal.

• Visited September 2012