August Lodge Cooperstown
Best Western Cooperstown Inn & Suites(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
$118
$111
  • Breakfast included
$80
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
$129
$71
$69
Mohican Motel(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
$69
The Inn at Cooperstown(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
$150
Official Site
Tunnicliff Inn(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
$99
The Cooper Inn(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
$169
The Otesaga Resort Hotel(Cooperstown)
$299
Official Hotel
Lake Front Hotel(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
$105
All reviewsaugust lodgefire pitthe ownerbaseball hall of famegreat placedreams parkyogurtoff seasonsydney suiteenjoyed our staybaseball familiesstaff was friendlynice poolfive minutesrooms are spaciousyour choiceadirondack chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2008

Only 10 minutes from the center of Cooperstown and the must destination Baseball's Hall of Fame...yet so far away. Nestled in the surrounding mountains, the August Lodge is an oasis. New, clean, beautifully appointed and comfortable, what more could you want. Well, add a friendly and helpful staff, recreation center, pool, spa, outdoor grilling and picnic tables. Great for families, too. Room to run and equipped in room kitchenettes to "eat in," settle back and enjoy flat screen television fair. You will not be disappointed. Oh...the mountain air is quite refreshing.
Eric B. Mount Joy, Penna.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed September 3, 2008

As soon as I saw August Lodge on the Cooperstown website, I knew it was the place to stay for our family. The Lodge is situated just out of the hustle and bustle of town, although you are close to everything there is to do in Cooperstown. We enjoyed all of the amenities they had to offer from the wholesome continental breakfasts to the hiking trails around the Lodge. Our children ages 12 & 8 enjoyed the pool, the ping-pong table and the camp fires at night.

Reviewed August 26, 2008

My husband and I stayed here in April for 1 night. We came to Cooperstown to visit the Ommegang Brewery - not for the Baseball. August Lodge was quiet - we were one of maybe 3 families staying there that night. We got an incredible rate for the night - like $80 or something like that. My only complaint is that we were right next to the breakfast room and we could hear the children in the morning. But the rooms are great - very big with all of the amenities. We had an incredible dinner downtown.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2008

Since this is a relatively new lodge, I was anxiously awaiting reviews. I was disappointed to read the bad reviews here and honestly a bit nervous after reading a few of these other reviews. I'm happy to say that I had a totally different experience than I feared, and our stay was perfect. I normally don't write reviews, but wanted to do this for anyone else that might be nervous after those last few reviews.

Our room had a gorgeous view and was exactly what we had hoped for. It was hard to share one room with 5 people, but the lodge was very accomodating with additional bedding, aerobed and extra towels. The room was large enough to have the two queen beds, the chair opened into an additional bed and a large aerobed for my 16 year son. It was crowded, but do-able.

I didn't see any "excessive rules" out of the ordinary hotel rules you see. I appreciated the quiet hours as well - as there were many children there that could have created a lot of noise at night. The best thing all week was the personal attention we received. Several times during the week we required help or attention, and even requested exceptions to certain rules (i.e. we arrived earlier than expected and hoped for an earlier check-in and a few other favors were requested). All requests were honored without hassle. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and like we were their personal guests.

We enjoyed the breakfast - our favorite was the muffins they had -we loved the coffee too. I drank the Hazelnut all week also. The children loved the pool, ping-pong and grassy area in the back with they could play. They enjoyed eating out back and the campfires. I loved the fact that it was so close to Dreams Park!

If we ever return to Cooperstown, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

Reviewed August 15, 2008

Beautiful setting, serene, fine and extremely comfortable. Highly hospitable staff. We stayed during a Cooperstown week. 12 year old boys can be noisy. And I must say, Jami and Steve did their level best to reason with the families when the teams were present and keep things quiet. Bonfire every night. Great views. Essentially, a fabulous respite from the craziness of the tourney or crowded Cooperstown. Once again, every request made of the staff was amenable to most challenges. If I returned to Cooperstown, with all the other options (some of which I've seen), no doubt I would stay here.