All reviews guest house zip world comfy bed stayed here rural location friendly hosts tea coffee warm welcome enjoyable stay remote village snowdonia dog suite veiw chickens velocity luxury
Reviewed June 27, 2017

It's a great location if you want to stay outside of the bustle of any town or city life and perfect driving distance for practically everything in the region, with no more than 15-20 minutes journey in any direction! We went as a family to take the mountain railway up to the peak of Snowdon and also explore the island of Anglesey, so this was a perfect distance away for both of those locations.

The rooms aren't huge but everything about the place feels homely and welcoming. Depending on the room you stay in, your experience may differ. We booked two rooms at the guest house, and the one I stayed in happened to be their deluxe, which has a very spacious bathroom and great view out of the window.

My parents had room 3 at rear of the house, which is a lot smaller (especially the bathroom) and has a view of the back garden, which is more cluttered as some reviews have noted, but not an unpleasant sight to wake up to in the morning! For a short weekend stay, my parents didn't feel uncomfortable in this room and thought the space was utilised well within its limitations. None of us were expecting rooms the size of a 5 star Hilton and chose the place knowing it was an actual home, so we weren't unpleasantly surprised in any way but anyone else visiting should also keep this in mind.

Our hosts were delightful and they had many useful tips about what to see and do and local knowledge about the area and the history, so it's definitely advised to speak to them before you head out anywhere. They also knew how to whip up an excellent full English breakfast, complete with freshly laid eggs from their own hens and black pudding on request, which is a winner in my book! Great coffee and tea every morning that always got us off to a great start during our stay...

Oh yes, and the sunrise over the mountain view from the window of our deluxe room is simply magical!

Room Tip: Their deluxe suite (room 1) has the lovely spacious bathroom and gorgeous view outside of the window
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

This is a very dated and basic Bed and Breakfast. The parking spaces are inadequate and the room was tiny. It overlooked sheds and outhouses.

They have a dog that started barking from 7am so no chance of a lie in. However it is a dog friendly establishment for an extra £10.

The en suite is the size of a shoe box and you have to shoe horn yourself in to the shower.

The breakfast was very good with a lot of variety and cooked fresh on bone china.

There was a brunette hair in the bed (I'm blonde) so obviously do not change the bedding after every visitor.

We booked a deluxe room for £50 but when we got there we were told it was £80 so had to pay £30 on leaving. However they clearly doubted our integrity as they parked their land rover to block us in and only moved it after we had checked out. At no point did either of us give the impression we wouldn't pay the difference and i take exception to my integrity being questioned. I would never stay here again or recommend it.

I repeat, never ever stay here unless you want to be made to feel dishonest!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sarah-Jane B
gorsyreira, Owner at Gors yr Eira, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

The car was placed at the entrance to assist our farmer friend . He needed the entrance closed as he was moving cattle I am sure these guest would not want to be trampled by half dozen of cows. They booked with us as a single person, they might have made a mistake ? And they were very lucky we had our double vacant . (These was due to a cancellation). But the other comments I am speechless. To think we don't change the bedding is disgusting. We hope that our future guest will take time to look at our 59 out of 63 excellent reviews. I also wonder if the did walk up Snowdon our usual guest who come to walk up Snowdon are up and away at 7am so that they can have a full day. Not 10.30am.

Reviewed June 13, 2017

My wife and I stayed here in June, 2017. While we found the room to be on the small size, the cleanliness, welcoming hospitality, extra touches and quality breakfast really shone through. We appreciated the fact that David accommodated gluten-free needs and that there were vegetarian options. The eggs from the free-range hens were delicious.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed our 1 night stay at Gors yr Eira. Very warm and friendly welcome. Beautiful room where every need is thoughtfully provided. Comfy bed with high quality bedding. Very helpful in directing us to a local pub where we could have our evening meal. Breakfast was top notch!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

Just a few words, peaceful, superb and welcoming!
Mrs Davies and I were made welcome from the moment we walked in to the moment we booked out.
Thank you for the peace, the relaxing atmosphere, the welcome from the small white dog in the morning and the ample breakfast.
We'll be zipping it again next year and I know where we'll be staying

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple