“Stunning views from restaurant”

Fosshotel Myvatn Restaurant
Description: At Fosshotel Mývatn Restaurant, we offer Icelandic cuisine at its best. Fosshotel Mývatn's restaurant is truly one of North Iceland hidden gems offering spectacular views over lake Mývatn.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The huge glass windows give a stunning view of
Lake Myvatn. This restaurant seems to be very popular - so booking is recommended. The menu was nice - there was a reasonably good value set menu but strangely it was shown at the end of the menu card with the deserts so it would have been easy to miss (unless like me you look at the deserts ahead of time). We had lobster soup and fish - both nice.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (56)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Since we were staying at the hotel for the night we decided to eat at the restaurant. We were surprised by the limited menu but the food was very good and prepared with a very creative flair. The bar has a very good happy hour and you can bring your drinks to dinner.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

I booked this restaurant a month in advance, after checking that they could accommodate for a Celiac diet (gluten free). It’s a beautiful space with a wall of windows overlooking Lake Myvatn. It was disappointing that when I asked for a table by the window, the host dismissed me immediately and said no, even though there was an empty table for two by the window that remained empty the entire time we were there.

We ordered the beets and goat cheese appetizer, which was good, although we would have preferred more beets and less cheese. There was a piece of bread on the plate which caused me concern, but when I asked I was told that it was actually gluten free bread and that I could also have some on the side if I would like. It would have been better if they had offered me the gluten free bread before the appetizer and then mentioned that there was gluten free bread along with the beets and cheese in order to avoid me needlessly worrying that they had forgotten that I was gluten free.
I had the Arctic char as a main and it was delicious. There aren’t many restaurants in the Myvatn area, so I would recommend eating here for those with Celiac.

Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

Arrived in the restaurant to be greeted by a very friendly and professional staff member. The food was awesome and I ate an outstanding vegetarian entree and main meal. All of the restaurant staff were fantastic. Thank you for a great experience

Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

We ate in this restaurant when we stayed at the hotel. The service and the food was amazing. Fully recommend it.