All reviews belize river howler monkeys zip lining hidden oasis modern amenities cave tubing mayan ruins above ground typical resort i highly recommend this resort the entire resort every morning watch the birds pleasant stay spent nights here falling asleep jungle paradise
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff always greets you with a smile ! They make you feel like family! The jungle resort is like being in the garden of eden! Nature as it should be! The staff is always attentive to my needs and nothing asked of them is too much to do! The restaurant is better than most 5 star ⭐️ that you go to in the USA! The rooms are super comfortable and well designed! In fact the entire resort is beautifully designed! Honestly if there were ratings above 5 Star Dream Valley would be it!

Peter S

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Sophie S, General Manager at Dream Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our rainforest paradise.

Reviewed August 19, 2019

I travelled to Belize with my girlfriend and Dream Valley Resort was my ideal accommodation. The rooms were very clean, spacious, with a faint wooded aroma and with a blended modern must have we were happy to have a air condition unit in our room and a television but we were more excited about jungle ambience and the breathtaking view of the river from within the hammock outside our room.

We spent 7 nights here late July into August and we got to know the staff and were sadden to leave. They were always super friendly and very knowledgeable. Carmen always politely greeted us from her desk every morning while we were on our way over to breakfast. Tania and Roddi always ensured that we had everything we need while dining and would go the extra mile to ensure that we were comfortable.
Mornings was what I looked forward to most. Breakfast was always breathtaking with the view of the river from the restaurant patio, “the greenery of the property was a bit surprising considering how relatively hot it was and I have to say the groundskeepers do an amazing job”
Special mention has to be made about the Belizean breakfast, the fried jacks with the beans are mind blowing!
Chef Alex preparations were always precise, even when we gave special instructions. The food never disappointed however on two nights we preferred to dine off property and were given excellent recommendations from Lucy.

Be sure to ask about the cave tubing and zipline tour. We went out cave tubing and zip lining on one the days, and it was awesome both being first timings swinging through tree. Edbin was a fantastic tour guide, very knowledgable about the caves and provided a relaxing tour after the thrill of the zip lines.

The WiFi wasn’t perfect but was available within the general area we were able to FaceTime our family from the gazebo along the river and from our room as well with few delays however a air-conditioned lounge seem to have the best signal, we we’re able to sneak in a Netflix show here and there.
The pool was always clean but I must say we use it mostly at night as the nights were cooler while the pool temperature would not change as quickly as the the surroundings did.

On one of our evening walks I had the chance to venture over to the JUNTOS cottages on the other side of the property where we were told that the colorful cottages were mostly used for families or groups and they all sit on a slow hillside and although it was in evening with a beautiful sunset, I sat on the stairs for one the cottages and imagined what it must be like at sunrise.

On one of the evenings my girlfriend and I took one the canoes out on the river, and what an experience that was to finally see the howler monkeys, who knew that such little monkeys made so much noise!

Overall I had a pleasant stay and I feel rested and rejuvenated. I think this is my ideal spot to get away from my busy lifestyle and be more connected with myself and nature.
Can’t wait for my next visit, hopefully soon! :)

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Kavilier784
Sophie S, General Manager at Dream Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience in our rainforest paradise. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2019

We traveled there in August and it was HOT! We are coming from Atlanta and we still had a hard time.

We planned on staying for 3 nights, we ended up leaving after two nights.

The room was spacious and clean. We did have bed ants or something which creeped me out a bit.

The grounds are not well kept. the whole property needs a make over I feel.

The employees were always friendly and helpful.

Taking out the kayaks on the river was a fun experience. We saw and heard the howler monkeys.

Overall- I would not have booked there had I known the state of the resort.

Date of stay: August 2019
Sophie S, General Manager at Dream Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and we regret that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. As a tropical destination temperatures in Belize during the hight of summer do sometimes spike up. We had our maintenance check the unit after your review and while we have a strict monthly pest control routine that we follow, as a nature-based resort in the rain forest of Belize, occassionally a few of the insects slip by us. I believe heavy rains just before your visit may have also contributed to a few ants moving on the grounds. We pride ourselves on maintaining our beautiful resort, but we also try to keep it as close to nature as possible.

Thank you again for your visit!

Reviewed July 26, 2019

We stayed at Dream Valley for the first part of our week long trip to Belize and loved every minute of it! It was a unique resort offering privacy, comfort, incredible wildlife, impeccable service, and a true jungle experience. The food was delicious and the staff was friendly and accommodating. We truly felt at home! Lucy, Carmen, Tania, Rodwell, Alex, and Edbin took care of us and all of the details.
During our time we chose the following excursions: Belize Zoo (Edbin gave us a fantastic tour), Cave Tubing (again Edbin was an incredible guide), Zip lining, and horseback riding to the Mayan Ruins. Each day we had a new adventure and then would come back for SourSop drink in the dining room and share our experience with Tania and Lucy!
If we are ever in Belize again, we will stay here for sure! I highly recommend this resort (and the sister resort of Royal Palm Island) to families who want to be off the beaten path, but still crave comforts and security!

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Royal Palm Isla... R, Manager at Dream Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your whole experience, we love to hear from you and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2019 via mobile

We had the most amazing time at Dream Valley. If we are ever able to come back to Belize we will stay here for sure. The property is beautiful. Every morning we would just sit and watch the birds and listen the sounds of the jungle. Every morning and night the howler monkeys would roar at each other. I would highly suggest taking their canoes up river for a paddle. We saw baby howler monkeys playing in the trees , toucans and iguanas. The staff were beyond incredible and were so friendly that it felt like you might be visiting old friends and not complete strangers. The drinks were great and the food was good. The road in was not that bad in our opinion, a bit rocky, but not too big a deal. It may have been improved since other reviews. It is in the jungle so you have to have appropriate expectations for what it is. The WiFi was fine at the bar, but not in the rooms.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Dream Valley J, Front Office Manager at Dream Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2019

Hello Sandsica,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review of your stay with us! We are more than happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Yes, our road has been improved.

We hope that you come back to visit us in the near future!

Thank you from the Dream Valley Staff!